Calling it QUITS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling it QUITS...

I really love my bf a lot, but the roller coaster ride is becoming a little too much. He is selfish more than he is loving, which is not a good balance. I can only understand that he is going through a lot, but sometimes I may have a bad day and he does not know how to help me because he is dealing with his own circumstances.

I am at the point where I am so tired of feeling left out and I only can see things getting worse if the illness progresses. I salute those who stay around and deal with the emotional and mental abuse that comes along with someone who has this horrible illness.

Originally posted by km84 View Post
    I salute those who stay around and deal with the emotional and mental abuse that comes along with someone who has this horrible illness.
    Not everyone who has MS doles out the abuse, it is usually the other way around.

Any chronic illness puts a test on any relationship.

Sorry it did not work out for you.

Katie

Comment

Originally posted by KatieDidNOT View Post
      Not everyone who has MS doles out the abuse, it is usually the other way around.

Katie
      Not married, no kids together... Why stay???
      The situation will probably only get more stressful as time passes.

If you bail now you may get to keep some pleasant memories of your time together.
      Extra time may just drown the good memories with bitterness.

Why waste time beating a dead horse?

Comment

completely understand

I was diagnosed in 09. My husband and I have been married for going on 19 years. Even before MS our marriage was rocky at times, but add MS into the mix and wow.

We went through some really bad times the first year and a half talk of divorce and all. But one day we sat down and really talked and expressed our feelings truthfully. This put so much into perspective now their is no guessing.

Now we are rock solid. Sometimes it just takes time.
        LIVE LOVE LAUGH

Comment

Originally posted by KatieDidNOT View Post

Katie
          You are correct and it was overstated. I understand the illness is really putting me through a test, which is difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky10
            Good for you for making a decision, one way or the other! Here's hoping the hard part (the follow-through) doesn't take a toll on you. Be strong!
            "The world is what you make of it, friend. If it doesn't fit, you make alterations."
            Linda Hunt as Stella, in Silverado

I love this quote... I have decided to make alterations within my relationship. He is going through a difficult time and I could not leave him alone. This is our rocky passage...Thank you for the kind words...

Comment

Originally posted by MSSINCE09 View Post
              I was diagnosed in 09. My husband and I have been married for going on 19 years. Even before MS our marriage was rocky at times, but add MS into the mix and wow.

We went through some really bad times the first year and a half talk of divorce and all. But one day we sat down and really talked and expressed our feelings truthfully. This put so much into perspective now their is no guessing.

Now we are rock solid. Sometimes it just takes time.
              Thank you for your kind words... This man loves life and I know he feels as if a part of his soul is gone. He doesn't quite know how to get it back. I am the motivator when he needs it. I have learned that I have to step back and allow him to figure some things out on his own.

I would love to help all of the time, but he is still a man. This is our journey that is a little unstable at times, but he loves me so much and vice versa.

Comment

Working...
              X