Worried & Selfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worried & Selfish

From the perspective of the one who is loving someone with MS. It is so hard watching someone you LOVE go through this illness, especially a relapse. My boyfriend has become withdrawn, which I know is due to his inability to walk. Or not knowing, if he takes two steps will he fall, heartbreaking. I have had to learn to step back because at times I don't know who I am getting from day to day or hour to hour. At times it hurts so bad. So could someone explain or give suggestions on how I should handle the everyday confusion because I love this man unconditionally...

KM84,
    My dad has had MS for 15 years and while it was not a significant other it still hurt. I didn't know how to encourage him to exercise or eat right. I didn't know what kind of moods he was going to be in. I just didn't know what to do or think.
    Sep.28 2011 at 23 I was diagnosed with MS. Its been rough, but having it myself has helped me to realize what my dad was going through. Stumbling is embarrassing, especially falling. The symptoms can be frustrating and there are so so many that one person could have. My last relapse lasted about 6 months and I probably had over ten different symptoms. It just sucks. I feel depressed, angry, sad, rage, self pity all the time and a lot of the time the depression is pretty severe. I know there have been plenty of times where I said irrational things to my boyfriend or just didn't want him to touch me or be around me and I know this has a lot to do with the depression.
    Best thing I can say right now is hang in there. Try to be as understanding as you can and maybe even (if he is willing) contact your MS Society Chapter and see if there are any support groups in your area that you two can go too. It would give him a chance to vent and you a chance to ask questions. If you have any questions do not hesitate to write me. I have my email on my profile and I also have my blog up with some information and personal entries as to how this is effecting me. (someone that is still going through my grieving process.)
    I hope this helps.
    You were dealt a hard card, but take comfort in the fact that you are strong because the strong are the ones that are tried the hardest.

Comment

Hi,

love each other and communicate, MS inst the worst thing anyone can get.

We all- get born, get sick, and die. So far anyway.

I think communication is the key to a great relationship!

I'm the one w/ms -10yrs and Married 20.

Peace!

Comment

Working...
      X