Son has all signs, but no DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Son has all signs, but no DX

My son has had many symptoms similar to my own MS since he was 15 years old. He's now 19 and still has shooting volts through his arms and then cause terrible pain. Etc.. etc... but he's gone through a number of MRI's throughout the years and they were all fine. Then they put him through a string of other tests, that were all normal also. The only thing he hasn't done is the spinal tap.

My question is.. has anyone else had a child where the lesions didn't appear right away on the MRI? I've heard that has happened before, but would like to talk to someone who has experienced it. Or was DX'd without lesions found.

I know that the earlier you can start treating the MS, the better he has a chance to live a normal life... He's now off to college but when I was visiting him last week he told me that he's been having those shocks run through his arm everytime he looks down. To many that sounds like a pinched nerve, but he's had that checked out also and it sounds a lot more like MS to me. I remember getting those in the beginning of my diagnosis...

I would talk to my doctor about it.
    You may not want him to get the full diagnosis just yet.
    This has insurance and disability considerations.

If he is not in pain, just treat the symptoms at the suggestion of your family doctor.

Of course, if he is in pain or his symptoms are troubling, then go for the spinal tap and get him the right treatment.

Since you have MS, you will know what to look out for.

Comment

Working...
    X