• Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOULD YOU DATE.....?

SOMEONE ELSE THAT HAS MS ? JUST WONDERING
    Billy
    Dx: 09/2004
    09/2011- oooppppssss still have it.

Why not? I have read here where many people have problems with thier significant others not treating them right or not understanding thier MS sx, who better to be with? My wife's cousin has a fairly severe case of CP and she has been married to a great guy with CP also and they are happier than alot of couples I know. They support each other very well and don't feel as if they are making the other miss out on anything they would otherwise enjoy.
    Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Hi wriser

WOULD YOU DATE.....?
      SOMEONE ELSE THAT HAS MS ? JUST WONDERING
      Yes, I would and I have. I met someone several years ago at a conference sponsored by our local chapter of the National MS Society. After we first met, we continued to see each other at several NMSS functions like that one.

He asked for my phone number, talked alot on the phone, and then we went on several dates.

We also did an MS Walk together (back in the days when I could walk better). It was interesting (and a little comical to us) walking together, as we were both affected on one side, but he was affected on the left side, and I was affected on the right.

We had a common bond/understanding from the start. Nothing to hide, nothing to be phony about. It was kind of nice just being real.

Anyways, various circumstances caused us to drift apart - work hours, taking care of my Mom (she developed early onset Alzheimers and I moved in with her to take care of her).

Take care,
      KoKo
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

sweet stories.

I was just wondering, cause it seems with someone that is normal( if you call us not mormal lol ) that it goes good until the ms stuff comes up, then i barely hear from them, And i am getting sick and tired of tring to find that one person that will love me for me

i am running out of time. The one i had is not here anymore. rip.

its just getting old to be lied to, or used.
        Billy
        Dx: 09/2004
        09/2011- oooppppssss still have it.

Comment

I absolutely would...why not?

The mutual understanding would be so nice. But dating and wanting a serious relationship are two different things IMO. Obviously dating eventually leads to a more serious relationship...this is where I see things getting much more complicated and the prospects of it working out well are unrealistic. Two people with MS dating, enjoying each other's company and having fun sounds wonderful. Two people with MS in a serious relationship leading to eventual commitment like marriage or living together as married...my reaction and response...see ya.

Comment

Not me, I might catch their MS! Wait, that isn't right, I say why not. If another person can accept my disability, why can't I reciprocate?- MIKE
            Dream like you will live forever, Live like you will die today.

Comment

I'm not sure yet what is causing my CNS symptoms, but after I having this experience, I can confidently say that whether or not I have MS or any other strange neuro problem, I would happily date, relationship with, and even marry someone with MS -- as long as he's the right person and we're open about the difficulties we might face.

I have a pair of dear friends who have the same chronic disease who are in a relationship, and despite pain, medications, and hospitalizations, they make it work, and support each other in ways no one else would understand how to do. And they also know when to ask for outside help-- like when they're both ill.

A disease doesn't make the person, and if it's love, we'd make it work.

Comment

Working...
              X