Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New - Concurrent T1Diabetic & MS

Hello -

I found this site last week and I am new to MS , my man was diagnosed a few weeks ago and yes we are both overwhelmed.

He is 46, 25 yr Type1 diabetic , on a insulin pump , he also is bi polar. His MS was diagnosed while he was in the hospital having large cysts removed from around his spinal cords ( which have nothing to do with MS). Needless to say he has a very complicated medical profile, as I am only sharing the main stuff.

Many of his MS symptoms went away immediately after the OP in late June , but the last few days seemed to have returned with a vengeance ( partial paralysis on right side, stuttering/wrong words).

He is being monitored as they are not sure what symptoms maybe MS and what was caused by the cyst squeezing his spinal cord . He has only 2 MS scar tissue at the top of the neck and spinal fluid tested positive .

Due to being a type 1 diabetic and bi polar he cannot use steroid based medication.

I am glad I found this site to read more about real life experiences of this disease and see how I can best help my man.

We are both pretty scared and before the future looked hard , with all his issues, and this only added to the fear factor.

Peace to you all......any suggestions to a newbie would be much appreciated.

kat
    Peace ~~ Kat

Welcome, Kat! Your man's medical problems do seem complicated. You might want to post on the General Questions and Answers board to get more answers.
    As far as possible without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Comment

Working...
    X