Venting....and more Venting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venting....and more Venting

Wasn't sure where to put this. But here goes...Warning long read...

My MIL is driving me crazy! And making me very irritated and angry!! She calls me all the time and complains about stupid stuff. About how tired she is, about how she only gets 5-6 hours of sleep. How she is just so tired and how this heat is just horrible. How her allergy are acting up and she has a headache. Or how she is just so nauseated today or she is just so dizzy today. The list goes on and on...

She has always been like this. Every day she calls me with something to complain about. Most times she complains about her health and then she complains about anything and everything else. Before it never bothered me. I just shook my head and said yes I know.

But now, now, I just can't deal anymore. I want to scream/yell, that I would trade bodies with her in a heart beat. That the fatigue, the pain, the soreness, the numbness, the memory and forget fullness and all other symptoms I fight everyday and every night, is way worse than she could imagine!!

I sound horrible I know. But she is a hypochondriac. My husband says she has always been this way and she has always done it for attention. I just want to laugh hysterically, she has already hinted about her having MS!!! ARRRHHHHH

So, has anyone dealt with something like this? How do I handle this? It is stressing me out. How do I not lose it on her and blow my top? Any advice or help would be much appreciated
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wassons5

Your thread is moved to the Relationships forum.

Hope you get some helpful feedback!

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Okay Thank you KoKo. I wasn't sure where to put it...LOL
      What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Hello wassons,

You do know there is no changing your MIL?

I know you are frustrated and probably angry at her but I could not help but smile when I read you post.

If you are unable to make an excuse to get off the phone with her you could:

(1) sympathize and ask if she has done anything to help herself to feel better.

(2) suggest she should see her doctor.

(3) you know she is doing what is best for her (meds, rest, ect.) but you have no advice to give.

(4) Spending time with friends might help you (MIL) feel better.

Just a few thoughts

Yes, dealing with MS and hearing someone complain can sometimes make you nuts but, really, everyone has something in their life to deal with.
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

My Nana was just the same. She had to have every illness going, every test, every minor procedure - and complained constantly.
          She was of course a hypochondriac. In her case, she had a generalized anxiety disorder, not that she would accept that, and not that you would dare tell her.
          It doesn't make dealing with people like this any easier, but I was able to forgive her constant demands and selfishness once I realized she really did have an illness, a mental one.
          Mind you, only got to this point after the poor old thing was no longer with us.
          One thing I learned - don't waste energy arguing with them. Say gosh that's awful, I'm sorry you feel so terrible, and get off the phone if they won't change the subject.

Comment

Thanks Snoopy and Thinkimjob. I do fee better after venting. Maybe I just needed to vent and get out my anger out.

I do love her, she's a great mother in law. And helps' out whenever we need help. It's just something I have dealt with ever since I have known her. And since I have been so stressed out, I think it all just got to me.

again thanks so much

Comment

Working...
            X