anger issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anger issues

My husband found out he has MS last May. For the past 5-7 years he has verbally lashed out at me when we are talking. For instance, he was trading movies at a store last night. He picked up a movie we had just turned in. When I told him he just got rid of it, he yelled at me to go get it. I know he has memory problems and cognitive deficits but it is to the point now where if he were not sick I would have left him. I don't feel I can keep taking his angry outbursts at me. I try very hard to keep cool or just walk away. As you can tell I am very frustrated.

Maybe you could go for couples counceling? It would help to get your frustrations out on the table, as well as hear his and come to an understanding.
    I know this is very hard. He probably has a low tolerence for frustration, which is typical. He may feel isolated with this and doesn't know how to ask for help.

Comment

Is he on medications? Does it come and go? Or is he always like that?

I do know when I was on steroids, I got angry really fast and really easy. Over nothing most times. Little stupid things set me off. And the Tramadol I was on, also made me angry.

Have you tried talking to him about it? Have you talked to his DR about it? I do agree with Nebbykoo, made some counseling is in order.
      What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
      X