my wife can`t separate caregiving w/ wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my wife can`t separate caregiving w/ wife

is this common? i love my wife dearly and want the "wife" back, any suggestions? she can`t "get into" being intimate either and i know it`s onnly a matter of time before i no longer will be able to. HELP, ANY IDEAS/SUGGESTIONS?
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

I am waiting on my husband's diagnosis. We will get the results this week. I have been concerned about this area of our relationship. I get concerned because he is not interested but I am scared that if we do not enjoy the "good" years then intimacy may not even be an option down the road. Have you expressed your desires to your wife? My husband is not at a point where he wants to talk about any part of MS. So I do not have this option but I think a rational person may be willing to hear your concerns. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Tigergal View Post
      I am waiting on my husband's diagnosis. We will get the results this week. I have been concerned about this area of our relationship. I get concerned because he is not interested but I am scared that if we do not enjoy the "good" years then intimacy may not even be an option down the road. Have you expressed your desires to your wife? My husband is not at a point where he wants to talk about any part of MS. So I do not have this option but I think a rational person may be willing to hear your concerns. Good luck!
      don`t worry about what may happen. live today like it`s your last (ms or not), we did talk about it and have come up with some ideas (no pun intended). good luck to you.

dave
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

Comment

Hey Dave, this is a touchy issue, and I know what your going thru. My hubby is very understanding and I am lucky in that he knows how important intimacy is to me and that most of the time I do try my best to keep things as good as they were pre-ms time.

But I know that it's hard not to feel discouraged. After all, the closeness that a husband and wife share is something that cannot be beat!!

I'm not sure that i have any ideas or suggestions for you, but just know that alot of us do have this issue also. I guess maybe keep the lines of communication open and make sure your wife knows that if you could reverse the ms that you surely would. When we can't move like we used to, it makes intimacy so frustrating! Good luck to you and yours!!

Comment

thanks kathy. we do talk about it, and have come up with a few options.

dave
          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
          volunteer
          MS World
          hunterd@msworld.org
          PPMS DX 2001

Comment

Working...
          X