Clear All

I'm the spouse and I'm sick!!!

My hubby is the one with MS. Today is our 31st wedding

anniversary and I'm really sick.

Jeff didn't even know anything was wrong until I called

the doctor Friday afternoon. Even then, he didn't realize

how bad I was....and neither did I.

Saturday I went to the doctor thinking I had a sinus

infection. It was already in my and is bronchitis.

Yesterday I was struggling to breathe (leaning forward,

can't get a deep breath...scary ), so I called the

doctor's office. My oxygen saturation was 84%. I have

bronchitis and pleurisy. Now I'm on antibiotics, steroids,

and an inhaler.

I love Jeff, but he's not very good at taking care of me

(guess it's a good thing he is the one with MS). He tries,

but its all he can do to take care of himself.

I keep thinking I will get better.....he can't. But that

thought isn't helping my frustration of being in this recliner

instead of taking care of Jeff and getting my work done!!!

Thanks for letting me growl....

Lori

Hang in there and take care of yourself! You will get better. May help hubby some to do more things for himself for a bit too
    techie
    Another pirated saying:
    Half of life is if.
    When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
    Dogs Rule!

Comment

Hi jlamiller,

What great timing you have...could'nt you get sick on some other day?

It happens...relax, you need to take care of yourself to be able to care for others. Hope your feeling better soon.

Comment

Getting better, but think I overdid it yesterday. We had to do a pickup at the grocery, tried to get some housework done. We didn't get everything done. When I said "time to go home" we came home....usually it's Jeff who wears out...not yesterday!!!

I still need to do laundry, dust, scrub bathrooms and vacuum...don't know how much is gonna get done.

The inhaler is "the bomb". It really helps open the lungs up and I can breathe better (not normal, but closer).

I want to make Jeff a nice dinner today, but I gotta get my clean dishes from yesterday put up before I "trash" the kitchen again cooking...hehehe

Back to work tomorrow....no air conditioning, custodians using really strong cleaning products....ugh!!!

Lori

Comment

Tomorrow will be a better day.
          Some things can just wait a day too. The bathrooms won't go anywhere
          Give yourself a break
          techie
          Another pirated saying:
          Half of life is if.
          When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
          Dogs Rule!

Comment

Lori, slow down! Lots of things can wait until you feel better, like dusting and vacuuming. Even cleaning the bathrooms doesn't have to be done when you're sick. Laundry can wait, too. Unless you and your DH each only have one outfit (highly unlikely, I know), you have other clothes to wear.

You can call and order food to be delivered, so you don't have to cook or wash dishes. Sit down, put your feet up, read a good book or watch a movie.
            As far as possible without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Comment

Now it's pneumonia!!!

I thought I was getting better, but the chest xray showed pneumonia in my left lung base (deep, bottom part of lung).

Round #2 of oral antibiotics and two days of antibiotic shots at the doctor's office..... Very scary to have an injection of an antibiotic that you're allergic to orally!!!!!

I'm finally getting better....all I have done is sleep, sleep, sleep!!!

I scared Jeff to death....almost. He has been great to take care of me!!!

UGH....go away pneumonia!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jlamiller View Post
                Now it's pneumonia!!!

I thought I was getting better, but the chest xray showed pneumonia in my left lung base (deep, bottom part of lung).

Round #2 of oral antibiotics and two days of antibiotic shots at the doctor's office..... Very scary to have an injection of an antibiotic that you're allergic to orally!!!!!

I'm finally getting better....all I have done is sleep, sleep, sleep!!!

I scared Jeff to death....almost. He has been great to take care of me!!!

UGH....go away pneumonia!!!!!
                Glad to hear your finally getting better.

Sleep as much as you need to. Hope things return to "normal" soon.

Comment

Care taking

I understand whole situation with the husband who has MS. My husband has MS too. I dont think he would know how to take care of me either. I hope you feel better soon...

Comment

sleep

Sleep sleep sleep

It is your body protecting itself, because it sounds like you did not want to.

Ummm..... Dont go to work when you are that sick. Take care of yourself.

Like someone else said. Housework and laundry can wait. And order out or eat something from the freezer that is easy. Don't cook when this sick. Anniversary is about being together, no matter what you do.

Hope you continue to get better.
                    God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

I went to work this past Monday feeling not great. Tuesday & Wednesday I thought I was having trouble breathing, still couldn't walk from one end of the school to the other without a breathing break and thought I was gonna die from chest pain, lack of oxygen & fatigue. I barely had a voice.

I called the doctor, who scheduled a ct scan of my lungs. Had the ct scan on Thursday (great...another day of no work).

Friday, my voice and breathing were better. I was actually starting to feel human!

Dr. called Friday evening (7:30) to say that my ct scan showed that my pneumonia is gone, but I have some scarring on my right lung (whatever that means).

Saturday....I'm feeling even better. We fixed breakfast (biscuits sausage gravy, scrambled eggs), went grocery shopping and watched our grandson. I was exhausted, but feeling good.

YeeHAW......I'm starting to think I'm going to get well!!!!

Thanks for listening to me "grouch" about being sick!

Comment

Be careful! Stress causes a lot of ailments.
                        Try to take care of yourself. I know it's easy to say, hard to do.
                        HAVE A GOOD ONE

Comment

Working...
                        X