Not being able to play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not being able to play

Somedays when I don't feel all that good, I feel so bad that I can't play with my kids… They know that mommy doesn't feel good, but I don't think they can understand "how" I don't feel good.

Does anyone have any tips on this? I have a 5 yr. old and a 2 yr. old, both boys… They are very active and I feel bad not being able to be active with them all the time.

The other day my 2 yr. old ran to the gate and climbed thru it and started running towards the road, and I was trying so hard to run as fast as I could to get to him… It scared me so bad. I guess I'm just trying to see if anyone else is experiencing the some what the same thing...
    Ashley Ringstaff
    Living with MS since 8/30/10

I know exactly how you feel Ringer. I have a a five year old son and I feel like he runs circles around meI try to play with him as much as possible but its extremely hard to keep up. I feel bad about not being able to do all the things I would like to do with him (the park, playing ball etc.) but I have come to realize that I can still do lots of fun stuff with him without wearing myself out. On the days I am hurting more or more fatigued he gets to spend time with my sister, mom etc going to the park, playing ball, jumping on the trampoline. Its a good compromise because I get to rest and he gets to spend time with my family. So, try not to be too hard on yourself and always know that your kids love you for you.
    I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENTHENS ME

Comment

I'm right there with you Ringer. I am home during the day with my 5 and 4 year old daughters' and my wife works, and there are some days it's all I can do to keep my fatiguing eyes from closing involuntarily. If it wasn't for my 17 year old son in the home during the day (home schooled via internet) sometimes I just wouldn't make it. It's probably harder for you too because your youngest is more 'Mommy needy' than mine, where I can let mine go and play on the swing set and supervise from the couch. I feel your pain, and hope you can get some, 'Mommy Time'. Have a day where someone can take the kids off your hands and take a nap, get your hair done, nails, toes... lol girl time... (that I admit I know nothing about)
      Tigger13039

Comment

Working...
      X