Vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vent

I hope I do not offend anyone. I just wanted to vent for a minute.
    So today my wife left work early and went to the ER because of a backache possible pinched nerve. My stepmom was in town so I tried seeing if she could get her from the hospital.
    They weren't ready to release her yet so then I iad to go to town and pick her up.
    So now being home for a couple of hours and my stepmom calls to see how she's doing. Well then the wife comes in the room wanting to know who I was talking to. Her daughter is the same way.

Hi lukeduke. Not sure if there is a family dynamic you are venting about? Anyway, hope things are better all around.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Yeah, Luke Duke -- say more. I'm not sure what is frustrating you.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I'm sorry. She left work early because of her back or possible pinched nerve. She drove almost fifty miles to the hospital in our county instead of the larger one in the town where she works. Then she wants to know every step I take and every breathe I take. If I was still able to work she would expect at least some of my paycheck. When I was working she was always a little short. I didn't mind it then because I did make more than her. Now she's changed jobs. It's a job with better hours but not better pay. I know she wanted to get out of that old job. She had been working there since high school.

Comment

Every relationship dynamic is different and people manage household finance differently. And these change over time.

When I worked, we each put the same amount in for the shared expenses and our savings. When one of us was making more, we tried to add that to saving for future expenses. We each had a separate account for fun and spending that noone could get upset about.

When I stopped working, we had to change our finances, as my disability payments were lower than my salary. More of the burden fell on my husband. But that can be marriage, ever changing.

Sounds like you feel your wife is checking up on you. Only you really know if there are trust issues, someone is more nosy than the other, or just idle chit chat. And sometimes our MS affects our emotions and thinking. It can be tough to figure out. Always welcome to vent.

Really sorry you were upset by the day and feel your mother-in-law and step daughter are alot to handle. Hope your wife's back is better and things have settled down for you.
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
          X