Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here, happy to find support

Hi everyone!

My name is Jen, I’m 32, and I was dx with RRMS when I was 14. I had my first symptoms at 13. I was largely symptom-free until I was 29 and became pregnant with my first child. Then my body went to **** I lost my coordination and balance, I got a nystagmus, and lot of weakness. These are permanent symptoms for me, and it took me a long time to come to terms with this, because I was 30 and couldn’t run, or walk properly. I had/have fears that I won’t be able to care or play with my kids (I have 2 now!). I’ve never found a support group for MS, much less for those dx so young, or going through pregnancy or parenting with symptoms. I was on Betaseron briefly at the beginning of my journey, but I’ve been mostly treatment-free. Now that we’re done having kids, Tysabri is what my neuro is suggesting.

Anyway, that’s a quick blurb about me! I live in London, ON, Canada! I cope with dark humour and chips lol. Thank you for having me here!!

Hello Jen and Welcome!

Thanks for sharing your story and experience with us.

We're glad that you have joined our group!

Looking forward to more of your posts.
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Jen,

Glad you found the site. Sorry 'bout the MS.

With a Holiday weekend happening down here there might not be many responses over the weekend but the people here can and will be helpful. Your insights may prove helpful to them as well.

Again, Welcome to MSW!

Comment

Welcome to MSW, Jen, and thanks for sharing your MS journey so far.

It is truly heartbreaking to hear of your diagnose as a teenager. You have gone through a lot, but you are a mother of 2 beautiful children now which is such a blessing! Has it been more difficult or easier than you thought?

Many of us have fears for our future and we are here to help support you as you go forward. Ask lots of questions or concerns and please feel free to share more of your story.

Good luck with starting Tysabri! Many here are on that treatment and are doing really well. You can find lots of information about it in our Medication and Treatment forum.

Again, welcome!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Welcome Jen. Glad you found us. Sounds like you have quit a busy life. It can be challenging to keep up with kids when symptoms are present, but it seems everyone finds a system and support that works for them.

I wish you all the best as you start on Tysabri. I am in my 10th year. I wish I had been on it since the beginning, but it has stopped my progression! Truly grateful to be on it.
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Welcome, Jen. So young for you to have MS. I hope you'll find ways to get by.

I'm glad you've found a med. You may also want to consider some alternative treatments, such as diet (I follow something similar to The Wahls Protocol), regular moderate exercise, supplements, meditation and stress management, etc. I believe in a combination of traditional and complementary treatments.
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Happy to meet you

Comment

Working...
              X