Severe Bloating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Severe Bloating

Hello, I haven't been on this website for quite some time, but my symptom has gotten so severe I thought someone else with MS might have some advice for me. My abdomen is very bloated, and has been for years. I look like I'm seven months pregnant. I look (and feel) ridiculous and don't know what to do. This started at least 20 years ago. I have a gastroenterologist who has followed me off and on. I have had several colonoscopies over the years. I sometimes get very constipated. All that being said, does anyone have any idea where should I go from here? My g.p. hasn't been very helpful.

I’m sorry you have had to live with this condition for so long. I don’t have any answers except to encourage you to keep searching. You never know where help will come from. I looked online and there are patient to patient forums like medhelp.org and others that might be worth checking. On medhelp I entered “stomach bloating” and there are several responses. Good luck gellexi and please stay in touch.

Comment

I'm also sorry that you have had to live with this. I haven't had similar symptoms, so I'm not sure how helpful I can be.

One of my strategies, in recent years, is to incorporate both traditional doctors and alternative options. Perhaps you could consider experimenting with dietary changes. I follow a gluten free, dairy free, very low processed sugar diet. I try to minimize processed foods, MSG's and GMO's. It's similar to The Wahls Diet. So much of our health is affected by a healthy, or unhealthy gut and what we feed it.

I recognize that those changes are big, and that a decision to change diet in such a drastic way isn't easy. It also affects not only us, but our family. Best wishes as you pursue health.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I can only imagine how frustrated you must be. I hope it is not accompanied by any pain or physical distress.

I am not sure where you live, but I would pursue going to a big hospital group in a city since you have not been able to get anywhere with your doctors. Even if further away, maybe they could do and initial exam and start out with testing/research needed and coordinate thru your PCP. If not an option, is your PCP an internist (internal medicine)?

Have you had comprehensive bloodwork? Ever tested for celiac's disease? Did they ever do any scans for cysts or other abnormalities?

I would definitely not sit back and wait. There has to be an underlying cause and someone should be pursuing it for you. I hope you can get answers.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
        X