Trying something new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying something new

Despite my earlier skepticism, I’m on board now. I may write more later, but after 20 plus years with this beast working on me and some significant setbacks, I was in a dark place and decided to really try something new. So, I ended up adopting a paleo-keto diet, lost 50 plus pounds, and I feel much better all the way around, brain wise. I never could quite do more than 3 or so cups a day of kale but I’m now thinking I should try “all in” on the Wahl’s diet. I know a low carb/ no sugar diet is a winner. GO GREEN!

Good to hear from you, Brad, and about the positive changes you are going through! Sometimes, when we hit bottom like you mentioned (in a dark place), we find the inner strength to change the narrative. You are an inspiration and can't wait to hear more about your story.

Keep doing what you are doing.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Brad1138 View Post
      Despite my earlier skepticism, I’m on board now. I may write more later, but after 20 plus years with this beast working on me and some significant setbacks, I was in a dark place and decided to really try something new. So, I ended up adopting a paleo-keto diet, lost 50 plus pounds, and I feel much better all the way around, brain wise. I never could quite do more than 3 or so cups a day of kale but I’m now thinking I should try “all in” on the Wahl’s diet. I know a low carb/ no sugar diet is a winner. GO GREEN!
      That is fantastic, Brad!

Thank you for sharing your successful experience with the diet changes.

I've made changes in diet over the years too, with very good results.

Anything to help us is worth a try!
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

That’s awesome! Good for you Brad!
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by Brad1138 View Post
          That is SO COOL, and glad your brain is feeling good. After a while of "eating well," it really does start to taste good too! Here's to your health.

All the best, ~G

Comment

Let me add something: I do believe Ocrevus has been a big help as well.
            My recent MRI reveals that in the wreckage that once was my brain, things are calm.

Comment

That's all good news, Brad.

I've tried some of that, too. I also used both some of the dietary and natural strategies in combination with a DMT. I was on Copaxone until I decided to go off in July, due to likely being in SPMS.

I kind of "blogged" about my funciontla medicine strategies here at MSWorld for awhile. There are a lot of posts, so you likely won't want to read them all, but you can start with the first and the last on some of the pages and decide if you want to read anything in between.

- https://www.msworld.org/forum/forum/...ee=#post446745
              - https://www.msworld.org/forum/forum/...edicine-part-2
              ~ Faith
              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
              X