Greetings from an old friend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from an old friend!

I am new, 15-20 years removed. I plead no memory as far as how long it's been, but my thanks to L. for helping me get by dingy afloat. I got my dx in 05, but looking back after going through many symptoms I realized it goes back to the 80's, MS is sneaky that way. I want to say Hi and encourage everyone to maintain the fight and hold onto your sense of humor when the going gets rough.

Originally posted by shimjockey View Post
    I am new, 15-20 years removed. I plead no memory as far as how long it's been, but my thanks to L. for helping me get by dingy afloat. I got my dx in 05, but looking back after going through many symptoms I realized it goes back to the 80's, MS is sneaky that way. I want to say Hi and encourage everyone to maintain the fight and hold onto your sense of humor when the going gets rough.
    Hello shimjockey

Welcome back!

A sense of humor sure does help, as we make our way through this MS odyssey.

Hope you continue to post, and share how things are going with you.

Take Care

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thanks KoKo! It's Halloweenie, an actual holiday here since my wife's mom passed away on a Halloween night. I've found MS takes away and doesn't return, so we have to improvise and not give up. Judging by my entry date here I see my numbers are off. Stay safe KoKo!

Comment

Originally posted by shimjockey View Post
        I've found MS takes away and doesn't return, so we have to improvise and not give up.
        Improvise - great choice of words, shimjockey! I do a lot of that.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Welcome back. I find this is a nice place to come for encouragement from others in the same boat.
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Thanks Mamabug! It's brought back many memories of the time after my dx. Taking baby steps here, much like my kind of walking now.

Comment

Working...
            X