Search for a health insurance company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search for a health insurance company

Hello, I would like to ask you for help or guidance in finding a trusted private insurance company. I am planning to make insurance for the whole family. We love to travel to different countries and the bottom line is that if some situation happens abroad, then this insurance company dealt with the problem quickly and clearly. Plus, at the current time with the coronavirus, it definitely does not hurt. Thank you in advance, I wish you all good health !!!

Hi Agnes and welcome to MSWorld!

Consumer Reports mentions GeoBlue

From their article ~

Be prepared to pay up front.Even if you’re covered by your regular U.S. health policy and supplemental travel health insurance, you should be ready to pay up front for medical care you receive abroad. That’s because most foreign healthcare providers require payment in cash or by credit card when you receive treatment, and only some U.S. insurers have direct billing and payment relationships with healthcare providers all over the world, says Margaret Wilson at UnitedHealthcare Global.

Some international travel health plans also require that you pay up front and get reimbursed later, and others pay providers a certain amount on the spot to get you treated and admitted. The GeoBlue international travel health plans, however, have a global network of 7,100 physicians and 2,000 facilities in 190 countries, which the insurer pays directly if you get treated there.

Of course, you can’t choose where you’ll fall ill or be injured. So you must have ready money. “Even with international coverage, consider carrying an extra credit card with a large limit to use for unanticipated medical expenses,” Wilson says. To ensure proper and prompt reimbursement by your insurers, Wilson advises that you get clear and complete copies of all bills, medical records, and discharge notes after you receive treatment.

Beware exclusions for pre-existing conditions.Travel health insurance policies typically don’t cover pre-existing conditions. But you can buy a waiver of that exclusion, and you should consider doing so if you’ve had a change in your health or medicines in the 180 days before you buy the coverage.

You can read more here:
    https://www.consumerreports.org/heal...-you-overseas/

Good luck and safe travels
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Thank you very much for the advice, yesterday, according to the recommendation of friends, I chose https://myprivatehealthinsurance.com...surance-plans/, such an insurance company. They say only positive reviews

Comment

Working...
      X