X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve0
    replied
    Quote -

"To describe, it feels like a quick vibration in my left foot, maybe 2-3 seconds, and then it goes away for 5-10 seconds. "

I just want to say, so many of the symptoms you have listed are like what I have been through. And yes I have had the "Cell Phone buzzing" ! 2-3 seconds and then gone for hours and then 2 -3 seconds again .. at first I thought I thought it was coming through the floor ! Also had numb feet - can't feel if hot or cold and pins and needles (they are warm to touch my partner says).

And yes I have had the flashing at night too .. i went to the optometrist and he said its probably just the eyeball stretching or something like that .. it went away.

The very painful legs (at night for me mostly) the terrible headaches .. even the itching, I get it on my head .. I have cream for it but dosn't help much .. I can itch until it bleeds .. i just have to force myself not to.

Good luck !

Leave a comment:

• Mamabug
    replied
    Originally posted by dainty33 View Post
    So for the time being, I am going to fix one thing at a time and see what is still going on after I recover from this spinal surgery.
    Thanks for the update. Please let us know how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• NoraS
    replied
    Good luck, and whatever you do, keep track of your symptoms and their history and/or progression. I think I would have had a much quicker diagnosis if I'd forced the doctors to look at the big picture instead of letting them treat whatever my current issue was.

Leave a comment:

• pennstater
    replied
    Thanks for the update. Lots of luck with your surgery and recovery.

Leave a comment:

• REG53
    replied
    Wishing you all the best dainty

Leave a comment:

• KoKo
    replied
    Hello all,

Thanks for the responses. So my MRI revealed a VERY large herniation in my cervical spine. I am having an anterior cervical discectomy and fusion in March. My surgeon does not think that it is causing my leg symptoms, just the arm numbness and pain. My neurologist thinks it could be. So for the time being, I am going to fix one thing at a time and see what is still going on after I recover from this spinal surgery. Thank you for all the well wishes.
    Thanks for the update, dainty.

Best wishes for a successful surgery. Be sure to let us know how everything goes.

I think your 'one thing at a time' attitude is best.

Take Care

Leave a comment:

• dainty33
    replied
    Update from Dainty33

Hello all,

Thanks for the responses. So my MRI revealed a VERY large herniation in my cervical spine. I am having an anterior cervical discectomy and fusion in March. My surgeon does not think that it is causing my leg symptoms, just the arm numbness and pain. My neurologist thinks it could be. So for the time being, I am going to fix one thing at a time and see what is still going on after I recover from this spinal surgery. Thank you for all the well wishes.

Leave a comment:

• REG53
    replied
    Hello dainty and welcome.

Yes I have experience buzzing in my feet and on my body. Right now I have burning on the bottoms of my feet and when the burning easies up when I sit down they will buzz for a while.

I'm sorry for all the sx's you have been going thru and I hope you get answers from you mri.

Leave a comment:

• KoKo
    replied
    Just curious if any one has ever experienced "buzzing" in the feet. For the past 2 nights and then during the day today, I have an off and on buzzing in my right foot. When I look it up, it is called pallesthesia and is not necessarily linked to MS. Most MS sensations say tingling or burning. I was just curious as this is a new one for me, but search results seem to imply it is not uncommon in general.
    To describe, it feels like a quick vibration in my left foot, maybe 2-3 seconds, and then it goes away for 5-10 seconds. Almost like a cell phone vibration or like the electrical pulse of those stimulation pads for muscles if they were on super low.
    Yes, I have experienced 'buzzing' type sensations on my foot and leg.

Paresthesia is definitely a symptom that many persons with MS experience, at one time or another.

From the MSAA (Multiple Sclerosis Association of America):

A very common symptom of MS is numbness, often in the limbs or across the body in a band-like fashion. Numbness is divided into four categories:

• Paresthesia – feelings of pins and needles, tingling, buzzing, or crawling sensation

• Dysesthesia – a burning sensation along a nerve; changes in perceptions of touch or pressure; nonpainful contact becomes painful

• Hyperpathia – increased sensitivity to pain

• Anesthesia – complete loss of any sensation, including touch, pain, or temperature

https://mymsaa.org/ms-information/symptoms/numbness/

Take Care

Leave a comment:

• Mamabug
    replied
    We'll look forward to hearing your results after Friday.

About your buzzing feet - no; I haven't experienced that.

Leave a comment:

• dainty33
    replied
    Buzzing feet

Just curious if any one has ever experienced "buzzing" in the feet. For the past 2 nights and then during the day today, I have an off and on buzzing in my right foot. When I look it up, it is called pallesthesia and is not necessarily linked to MS. Most MS sensations say tingling or burning. I was just curious as this is a new one for me, but search results seem to imply it is not uncommon in general.
    To describe, it feels like a quick vibration in my left foot, maybe 2-3 seconds, and then it goes away for 5-10 seconds. Almost like a cell phone vibration or like the electrical pulse of those stimulation pads for muscles if they were on super low.

Leave a comment:

• dainty33
    replied
    Thanks for support

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I got word yesterday that my MRI is scheduled for Friday. Hopefully, regardless, it will bring some answers and not just more questions!

Leave a comment:

• KoKo
    replied
    Hi dainty

Good luck with the MRI and other tests.

Feel free to share your questions, concerns, and whatever you may find out along the path of testing.

Wishing you all the best!

Take Care

Leave a comment:

• pennstater
    replied
    Welcome dainty. You definitely have had alot going on. Glad you were able to get an MRI scheduled. It is never easy waiting for tests and some type of diagnosis/explanation. Try to do things that help relax you while you wait. Hang in there.

Leave a comment:

• Mamabug
    replied
    Welcome to MSWorld, dainty.

It sounds like you've had symptoms for many years. I'm glad that you are on a journey for an explanation and a diagnosis. I hope that the MRI will bring you closer to that. Limbo is a hard place to be.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X