Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

move

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    move

    hi my name is Jay, i have had M.S. since 1992 and now I am confined to wheelchair last 5 years my question is has anyone tried Rewalk if so how is it does medicare cover it
    appreciate any response thank you jay

    #2
    Originally posted by JBDESI View Post
    hi my name is Jay, i have had M.S. since 1992 and now I am confined to wheelchair last 5 years my question is has anyone tried Rewalk if so how is it does medicare cover it
    appreciate any response thank you jay
    Hello Jay

    Welcome!

    I have seen exoskeleton robotics on TV being demonstrated by some veterans.

    Amazing technology!

    It would be fantastic if Medicare covered the cost for this.

    It might for rehab (temporary), but seems quite expensive for permanent purchase.

    In any case, hope to see more of your posts, letting us know how you are doing.

    Take Care
    PPMS for 22 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

    Comment


      #3
      move

      Originally posted by KoKo View Post
      Hello Jay

      Welcome!

      I have seen exoskeleton robotics on TV being demonstrated by some veterans.

      Amazing technology!

      It would be fantastic if Medicare covered the cost for this.

      It might for rehab (temporary), but seems quite expensive for permanent purchase.

      In any case, hope to see more of your posts, letting us know how you are doing.

      Take Care
      thank you for your response

      Comment


        #4
        I haven't heard about Medicare paying for this. There must be a phone number on the back of your insurance card. Perhaps you could call and ask.

        I did read this article from 2016 about an appointment an insurance company paying for it.

        https://www.popsci.com/insurer-must-...-review-board/
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

        Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08
        .

        - Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
          I haven't heard about Medicare paying for this. There must be a phone number on the back of your insurance card. Perhaps you could call and ask.

          I did read this article from 2016 about an appointment an insurance company paying for it.

          https://www.popsci.com/insurer-must-...-review-board/
          Great article Mamabug, thanks. Very encouraging. Being able to stand and walk prevents other physical problems, which saves insurance costs in the long run.

          "The patient's insurance company denied the claim, but that denial was overturned by an independent medical review board, deeming that the device was medically necessary for the patient.

          That makes sense because ReWalk brings other medical benefits besides facilitating locomotion. Studies conducted by the company show that the exoskeleton improved patients' heart function, pain management, muscle mass, and bowel function.

          This decision could set a new precedent for how insurance companies address these sorts of claims in the future. Though ReWalk has been on the market since mid-2014, patients have only been able to access it through the Veterans' Association because of the high cost.

          Other private insurers will likely have to approve claims for ReWalk (or other exoskeletons that go on the market in the future) because the decision implies that it's a right for a patient to be able to walk and stand upright, as Motherboard reports."

          Jay ~ let us know if you contact Medicare, and what you find out. Thank you.

          Take Care
          PPMS for 22 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

          Comment

          Working...
          X