Announcement

Collapse

WELCOME TO OUR NEW HOME!

Hello MSWorld Members,

Welcome to our new home! We hope you love it as much as we do!


we promise.

to offer current and relevant information.

to grow a community built on positive and affirming support.

to showcase member creativity.

to provide safe chat rooms.

to provide well moderated forums.


we believe that what we give as a community comes back to us.

welcome to MSWorld on this journey through a different lens. together. we are msworld.
we are. community.


We appreciate your understanding as we finalize our new home. Our arcade is still currently under construction and won’t be available for a while. Thank you for your patience while we prepare a new and improved arcade for you.

enjoy our new home.

support reimagined.
See more
See less

New to posting in MS World

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    New to posting in MS World

    Hello everyone, glad to be here! Diagnosed in 2005. Went to Doctor with completely numb hands and was told it sounds like MS. (He was right)
    My symptoms have worsened to having balance issues and walking problems. I do however feel extremely lucky that it has not yet confined me to anything more than a cane. Looking forward to listening to others and learning what I can do better.
    I’m married to a lovely woman and have two wonderful boys (both married), a dog, and three cats!

    #2
    Welcome Ceejay! I am glad you found us and hope to see more of you.

    I was diagnosed in 2006. Over the years, I have found tremendous knowledge and support here. It is great to have a place to come where people understand what you are feeling.

    If you don't mind me asking, have you been on any of the DMT (disease modifying treatments)? We have members on all different meds, and others who opted not to start, as well as those who stopped for various reasons. The biggest thing I have taken away from this board is that it truly is an individual disease, affecting us in unique ways.

    Sounds like you have a full and growing family life, pets included. Are your boys local to where you live in Canada?

    Again, welcome!
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

    Comment


      #3
      New (continued)

      Hi Kathy,
      A very nice welcome thank you.

      In response to your question I have not been placed on any DMT’s. However I have tried several different prescriptions for symptoms, but to no avail. I am still being experimented on, so I hope I can get some hints on here. Lol. (I sense I will!)

      Both boys do live in my city, so I have lots of help when required as well.
      Support means an awful lot but it’s nice to speak with persons who can totally relate, ya know?


      Originally posted by pennstater View Post
      Welcome Ceejay! I am glad you found us and hope to see more of you.

      I was diagnosed in 2006. Over the years, I have found tremendous knowledge and support here. It is great to have a place to come where people understand what you are feeling.

      If you don't mind me asking, have you been on any of the DMT (disease modifying treatments)? We have members on all different meds, and others who opted not to start, as well as those who stopped for various reasons. The biggest thing I have taken away from this board is that it truly is an individual disease, affecting us in unique ways.

      Sounds like you have a full and growing family life, pets included. Are your boys local to where you live in Canada?

      Again, welcome!

      Comment


        #4
        Hello there. Welcome to the forum. Plenty of experience and knowledge to pick up on in here and it's full of some fine people as well.
        The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by CeeJay69 View Post
          Support means an awful lot but it’s nice to speak with persons who can totally relate, ya know?
          Absolutely!

          Welcome to MSWorld, CeeJay! Glad you found us.

          Take Care
          PPMS for 22 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

          Comment


            #6
            Welcome to MSWorld, CeeJay.

            I'm also a Canadian. A dual citizen, actually. Born and raised in Canada and still proud of my roots. I married an American in 1984 and have spent most of my adult life in Kansas. It took me a long time to decide to take the plunge to add US citizenship to my credentials, but, finally after 31 years of living here with permanent residency (a green card), I became a dual citizen in 2015.

            I get back to Canada about twice a year, lately. My dad is in Saskatoon, my two siblings and their families in Edmonton, and my daughter ended up marrying a Canadian and lives in southern Manitoba.

            Originally posted by CeeJay69 View Post
            Support means an awful lot but it’s nice to speak with persons who can totally relate, ya know?
            Yup; isn't that the truth. I also have a lot of support, and others try to understand, but, they don't really get it. I've found that other friends who have chronic illnesses, even if they don't have MS, also seem to understand in a way that only someone who has had to "walk the walk" can.
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

            Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08
            .

            - Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

            Comment


              #7
              MS World

              Thank you, I am happy to have found you! lol

              Originally posted by KoKo View Post
              Absolutely!

              Welcome to MSWorld, CeeJay! Glad you found us.

              Take Care

              Comment


                #8
                Welcome to MS World-reply

                Have a similar situation with my wife. Her sister was Born in Canada and has been residing in Florida for many years. Also lived in Kentucky at first but is a dual citizen.
                We get a free place to stay when going to Florida! Bonus. We also have family in Edmonton, BC, and Calgary. We reside in “Winter”peg, which is on the charts as a possible cause for my MS. (Cold in Winter). But as with this disease, who really knows. My doctor says it is “ a master of disguise “. So hard to nail down symptoms etc.
                Anyway, time to stop babbling and carry on with my day. Lol
                Nice to talk with you. Have a great day!


                Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                Welcome to MSWorld, CeeJay.

                I'm also a Canadian. A dual citizen, actually. Born and raised in Canada and still proud of my roots. I married an American in 1984 and have spent most of my adult life in Kansas. It took me a long time to decide to take the plunge to add US citizenship to my credentials, but, finally after 31 years of living here with permanent residency (a green card), I became a dual citizen in 2015.

                I get back to Canada about twice a year, lately. My dad is in Saskatoon, my two siblings and their families in Edmonton, and my daughter ended up marrying a Canadian and lives in southern Manitoba.


                Yup; isn't that the truth. I also have a lot of support, and others try to understand, but, they don't really get it. I've found that other friends who have chronic illnesses, even if they don't have MS, also seem to understand in a way that only someone who has had to "walk the walk" can.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by CeeJay69 View Post
                  Have a similar situation with my wife. Her sister was Born in Canada and has been residing in Florida for many years. Also lived in Kentucky at first but is a dual citizen.
                  We get a free place to stay when going to Florida! Bonus. We also have family in Edmonton, BC, and Calgary. We reside in “Winter”peg, which is on the charts as a possible cause for my MS. (Cold in Winter). But as with this disease, who really knows. My doctor says it is “ a master of disguise “. So hard to nail down symptoms etc.
                  Anyway, time to stop babbling and carry on with my day. Lol
                  Nice to talk with you. Have a great day!
                  We have even more in common than I realized, with your Edmonton and Winnipeg connections, and your sister living in the US. :-)
                  ~ Faith
                  MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                  (now a Mimibug)

                  Symptoms began in JAN02
                  - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                  - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08
                  .

                  - Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                  - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X