Sort of new here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazyguy View Post
    Just an update. I realized since "my brain blew up" I've been having mental health issues like psychosis and paranoia about the people in my life. I'm on a good medication now that helps control that. I realize nobody has been lying to me and although I still think I have ms, its a hard disease to diagnose sometimes.
    That's great to know! Wishing you continued success with the medication.

Thank you for the update.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

So I started seeing an internist while waiting to see yet another neurologist ( it’s been over a year since I’ve seen one so I figured why not). But the internist ordered some blood work and everything was good but my vitamin d was low. It has been in the past but I’ve been taking supplements, I guess they’re not working that well.

it’s been a while since I’ve updated on here but I get fatigue and weakness in my legs now. I have since COVID restrictions started. I haven’t seen a neurologist in over a year but I’m due to give it another shot at the beginning of March. He’s a UCLA doctor that’s somewhat local.

im looking at going on disability for my problems. Has anyone here been able to get on disability with being in limbo but having objective medical evidence of medical problems? Just thinking I might have problems getting on disability being in limbo.

Comment

So I started seeing an internist while waiting to see yet another neurologist ( it's been over a year since I've seen one so I figured why not). But the internist ordered some blood work and everything was good but my vitamin d was low. It has been in the past but Ive been taking supplements, I guess they're not working that well.
        Does your doctor have any solutions? What dosage are you taking? And what form?
        Vitamin D3 is often more easily absorbed that vitamin D or D2. Taking it with a meal can also help absorption.

You could also try to get some daily sunshine -- even 10 minutes a day on exposed skin can help. And certain foods help-- egg yolks, fish, mushrooms.

it's been a while since I've updated on here but I get fatigue and weakness in my legs now. I have since COVID restrictions started. I haven';t seen a neurologist in over a year but I';m due to give it another shot at the beginning of March. He';s a UCLA doctor that';s somewhat local.
        I've noticed increased weakness or progression, too, since COVID started, due to not being able to go out to group exercise regularly. I'm trying to exercise at home. Some strength training, some indoor/in-my-house walking, etc. Probably even yoga or stretching to YouTube videos can help.

im looking at going on disability for my problems. Has anyone here been able to get on disability with being in limbo but having objective medical evidence of medical problems? Just thinking I might have problems getting on disability being in limbo.
        Usually, these rules apply for being approved for disability:
        • You cannot do work that you did before because of your medical condition.
        • You cannot adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
        • Your disability has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
        This is a good place to have your SSDI and LTD questions answered by MSW volunteer, Attorney Jamie Hall.
        https://www.msworld.org/forum/forum/...ity-disability
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi Crazyguy.

The amount of vitamin D3 you take should depend on how deficient you are. Did your doctor provide a dose for you and discuss when to retest?

As for disability, if you file, you will need the support of the doctor(s) treating you for the symptoms you list as disabling. That can be doctors that treat both physical and mental symptoms/conditions. Before you file, you should have an open conversation with them to see if they support it.

​​​​

​​​
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
          X