New with MS in Norway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New with MS in Norway

Hei, I am a 55 year old woman who moved from Canada to Norway 10 years ago. December 2013 I suddenly was dizzy, strong headache in just the right side of my head (like a knife in my eye) and stiff neck in the right side only. Suddenly went from a strong and active farmer to a weak and unsteady old woman.

After a full list of blood tests, urin tests, and physical exam, I was sent for an MRI and they found many scars in my brain. The doc figures I probably have had MS for a long time.

I remembered having some problems when I was about 17 years old with fainting spells and tremors followed by severe pain in one eye and temporary blindness in one eye.

So here I am. No job anymore, weak, no balance, and a deadly kind of tiredness that keeps me sleeping around 15 hours on a bad day.

Life is not so fun right now.

How do other folks with MS deal with the unpredictable fatigue??? Some days I am awake like a norman person and some days can't get out of bed. How can I find a job when I cannot guarentee that I will make it into work???

Any suggestions would be helpful

Hello and welcome to the message boards. I am sorry that you have been 'visited' by the 'uninvited guest', MS. These boards have been very helpful in helping me maintain my sanity. This site is full of people who 'get it'! Keep reading and posting. You will find out that I will do the same. Good luck!

Comment

Hi norkvinne and welcome to MSWorld! I'm glad you found us but sorry you aren't doing so well right now. Your story is a lot like some of us here that had symptoms for a long time before our diagnosis. It is not uncommon, but frustrating nevertheless!

I don't know how long you've worked in Norway, but have you thought of applying for disability? In the US, we have to have so many worked credits before we can apply and they also take into favorable consideration someone who is older in age. All in all, there are some strict requirements.

I found this on the Internet about Norway's social security program- http://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/progd...pe/norway.html Scroll down to Disability Pension and Permanent Disability Benefits

Just a thought here in case you're thinking of doing this. We also have a forum on Fatigue here that folks have talked about different medications they are taking to help with it. http://www.msworld.org/forum/forumdi...hp?130-Fatigue It might be helpful to talk with your Dr about this problem and get a prescription.

You take care now and hope you feel better
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
      X