Hi MS World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi MS World

Hi. I'm Karen and I was diagnosed in 1991 when I was 21. I won't go on about how it all happened back then because it's really only interesting to me. I will say that i feel like i am one of the "lucky ones" in that my ms has been mild. My neuro is pleasantly surprised based on the MRIs. My main problems are weakness on my left side, balance issues and dizziness. I only use a cane sometimes.

I have two grown children...loving this empty and clean nest! I'm married to a really terrific guy who has stood by me all these years. I have two labs- Angus and Lola-who keep me from being lonely! I love to ride my bike in the park. I live in a beautiful college town where I can ride my bike to do most errands.

I recently have been able to get health insurance after 10 years and have begun Betaseron (allergic to copaxone). So far so good!

Today is a good day. I'm feeling very grateful! Thanks

Hello Karen and welcome to MSWorld
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

WELCOME TO MSWORLD KAREN!! It sounds like you are very fortunate, you have many positives going for you and I hope that they all continue to do so! take a look around if you are not already familiar with everything here there is a lot of good information to be had. We also offer wonderful chats. Take a look at the chat schedule if that is of interest to you.
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hi and welcome to the boards. I was trolling around the site and found your post. You seem to be a very lucky MSer. You didn't say if you were RRMS or some other form. You also didn't say whether or not were on a DMT. Just wondering

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. I have RRMS. I started on copaxone last summer but am allergic. I am currently on Betaseron, beginning last month...so far so good.

Comment

Working...
          X