New to this forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to this forum

Hello I am new to forum, i need to know what's happening with me and i hope that someone’s would be able to explain or maybe felt the same way. Here is my situation.

I am 22 years old and i have twin sister. We are living together and attending the same college in term-times. 2014 December was one of those term-times. I had a lot of stress and sleepless nights so did my sister at that December. The following month was also unusual.

We finished our term but we fell into deep depression on January. We ate a lot of food and drank alcohol and hadn’t almost left the house. No job and no people. Of course it was some kind of periods before but this one lasted the longest. I don’t know it’s just our lifestyle that is led by permanent depression but I always felt normal.

So then started (after that January) an avalanche of all the following symptoms. When I woke up one February morning and step out of my bed, I felt extreme fatigue (I often feel fatigue, but this one was different) and dizziness also blackening in my eyes. It was keeping all day and when I moved I felt tingling in my head back legs and arms. Tingling sometimes burning was also unusual and permanent.

I was too weak to walk I was feeling nausea and had frequent urination also blackening and doubling in my eyes for two weeks. I felt pain especially in my left arm and breast sometimes in lower back and bowl. After those two weeks I felt stronger and I noticed that I can walk, but problems didn’t disappear.

At this moment there is still blackening and doubling in my eyes, weakness and tingling in my left hand and feet also frequent urination. Sometimes I feel tremors. I went to neurologist and he said that I will be able to do my head MRI only at April, but I can’t wait so long.

Anybody who felt something like that may can tell me is this the first MS attack, do I get my good vision back? Or will it get worse? Could these all things happen because of depression or pinched nerve? I would be really grateful for any answer, I just can’t sleep well and wait until April. Sorry for my bad English and really thanks for reading such a long story.

Hello sandrana19928 and welcome to MSWorld.

There is no way to know what is causing your symptoms without testing. If you have not seen an Ophthalmologist for your double vision then I would suggest doing so. Blood tests by your Primary Care Physician could rule in/out other possibilities.

There is no symptom(s) which are unique to Multiple Sclerosis. There can be numerous other causes for symptoms such as other conditions/disorders, some medications, vitamin/mineral deficiencies and mental health issues.

If you are dealing with depression please seek help. Depression can be dealt with and controlled.

I went to neurologist and he said that I will be able to do my head MRI only at April, but I can’t wait so long.
    It's okay.

If you have Multiple Sclerosis it will be there regardless if you had the MRI now or wait until your April appointment.

Take care
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

WELCOME TO MSWORLD!! You have already received some good advice, if you do a search in various forums for what different topic you are looking into you should find some experience from others.
      Just do not be jumping to any conclusions just yet, let all the various tests rule out other things that may mimic MS. I know you want answers quickly, but the doctors will do every test they can be for they come to a conclusion that it is MS
      we also feature many different chat topics that may interest you. Take a look into them if this is something you wish to do. Best of luck to you!
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hello and welcome to MS World,
        It is impossible for anyone on this board to discuss your condition. I am not a doctor and you should not receive medical advice from persons on this board. You need to seek medical advice from a neurologist in person. Good luck
        Last edited by hunterd; 02-27-2015, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
          Hello and welcome to MS World,
          It is impossible for anyone on this board to discuss your condition. I am not a doctor and you should not receive medical advice from persons on this board. You need to seek medical advice from a neurologist in person. Good luck

so very true! And I did not edit Jerry's post, I just pushed the wrong button.
          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
          volunteer
          MS World
          hunterd@msworld.org
          PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

First of all thank you all for welcoming me . I have been away for a while because of my tests. I have had already my blood and urine checked. They are fine. Also these all problems above are not because of my thyroid or gut.

My condition is not worsening but unfortunately it's keeping the same. I just can't believe what have just happened, one day you are healthy and the other day you can't even walk . And the main thing is that my sister twin feels fine.

You are right, all i have to do is now to wait patiently and not to panic. Maybe it will go away and i will never know the reason. I just hope to be myself again .

Thanks again for your support. Stay healthy as much as possible .

Comment

Working...
            X