Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newly Diagnosed

Hello,

I was officially diagnosed a week ago today.

I got hear quicker than alot people I have read about on the site. I started last November in search of a diagnosis for my hearing problems. Went to an ENT and she sent me for an MRI. I had the MRI the same day as my follow up appointment and BAM!

ENT said radiologist called her and said he saw signs of MS! Got an appointment with a neurologist and he said maybe.

The neurologist scheduled an lp which caused the worst head ache ever about 2 days later.

Went back to the neurologist and I have 2 lesions and a positive lp. I, according to the neurologist, "have a mild case of the good kind of MS".

Other than after doing lots of reading of this site and now realize I have had symptoms for about 30 years that is it in a nut shell.

Welcome to the dreaded MS club. Sounds like a mild case and hope it stays there. That's all we can do and live day by day!!!!!!!!
    If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans!!!!!!!

Comment

P -

Your story is very different than mine. My MS started with a bang. An ER visit and a hospitalization. Followed by PT, OT, two more flares (also followed by ER visits and hospitalizations), two weeks at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN, eight months off of work and two years of searching for a dx.

I was able to go back to work, part time, and somewhat off an on, for six years. But, after losing 3 jobs in that time, I applied and was approved for SSDI.

"The good kind of MS". Hmmm. I'm not sure any kind is good, IMO, but, I guess some kinds are better than others. Glad you have a mild case.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi pepperman and welcome! Your events leading up to a quick dx sound a lot like mine - I got the "word" about 36 hrs after going to my eye Dr. for loss of peripheral vision. It was fast, but felt relieved as the crazy symptoms for 10 years before were chalked up to nervous breakdowns, lupus and a few other things.

I wanted to let you know that we have a fairly new chat session for those who are new. It's on Wed. nights from 8-9pm (ET) called "How can we help". Just putting it out there in case you or anyone else is interested.

Hope you're doing well and hope to hear more about you!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I also had a quick diagnosis back in 1991. I went to an appointment for vision issues and left 5 hrs later with MS.

Comment

Working...
          X