Newly Diagnosed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newly Diagnosed

I just received my diagnoses last Friday, and just wanted to talk to people who are going through similar experiences as me. I am a bit overwhelmed. I am a 39 year old woman,married with three young children and work in nursing.

Hi Jery: I am an ex-PICU nurse. I have been disabled for a while. Have 2 kids and am married to a surgeon. It is not the end of the world for you. I worked for a while after being diagnosed, but my cognitive function just wouldn't let me continue. I miss it terribly. I still keep in touch with medicine through my husband.

It must be sort of still a shock since it hasn't been that long, but it will settle in and you will go about living your life as usual. If you haven't chosen a DMD yet, you might want to check out the NMSS website and read about them all to make an informed decision.

We have a section here dedicated to limbo landers and newly diagnosed patients, also a chat for newly diagnosed patients. General questions and answers is also a good place to post since you have been diagnosed.

Take a look around and make yourself at home. Glad to have you!

Remember these first few weeks are the worst, but you have done one of the hardest things already, reach out.

Take care
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Welcome

Hi Jeri, just wanted to welcome you. Try to do your best to relax through this, I know how hard that is to do. Come here anytime you need to for support, information, or just company with people who know what your going through. Take care Dale
      Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Newly diagnosed too as of about 3 weeks ago. It does get better, I promise :-) If you look back at my first post here, you'll see how scared I was. I'm not so scared anymore. You realize that life still goes on, and life is still good!

Comment

Hello and Welcome jery101!
          When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Working...
          X