No announcement yet.

Updated disability report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linda - until Jamie Hall can reply to your question here please read the following about your secret code- https://howtogeton.wordpress.com/201...hort-form-cdr/

Evidently, L equals low, meaning you will more than likely get a short form.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Generally, the "L" designation will result in a short form being issued. As I noted on my response to your prior post, however, the SSA's reviews are generally not too aggressive, and symptomatic MS patients who are actively treating are at a low risk of losing their benefit on review. The key is to make sure that you answer the form promptly and within the deadlines.
      Attorney Jamie R. Hall's practice is focused on assisting individuals with claims and appeals for Social Security Disability and Long Term Disability benefits. He has assisted claimants nationwide, approximately half of whom are MS patients, from his Pennsylvania and Ohio locations. **No attorney/client relationship is created by this communication, and information provided herein is not a substitute for formal advisement.**

Comment

Please I need lots of responses what does a L mean on an updated disability report that I got in 07 will i.get.the short form or long form please jamie hall cant.help me

Comment

Both Seasha and Jamie responded to your prior thread. They indicated L means low, which generally translates to short form. Please review the prior response.

https://www.msworld.org/forum/forum/...ability-report

If this is not what you are asking, you need to provide more detail behind your question.

On a side note, noone here can help you fill out your report. People may give guidance based on their own personal experiences. Additionally Jamie volunteers his legal expertise to assist people in understanding the process, answer general technical questions, and share insight based on his professional experience. Some people have reached out to him and retained his services for individual assistance in filing/appealing claims.
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

My review is coming up in December of this year 2021, if I get an updated disability report form will it say 2019 for the date please answer my questions thanks linda nissen

Comment

My review is coming up for ssdi in 2021 of December do they usually ask you for recent dr appointments from 2 years ago please I need lots of answers I'm stressing out

Comment

I'm expecting my review in December 2021 and if they send me an updated disability report form will they want recent dr visits from 2 years ago please answer I'm stressing out I need lots of answers thanks

Comment

Linda,

Since your review isn't until December 2021, you are not even sure which form you will get, whether short or long.

From a previous post, you indicated your mailer contained a low priority flag on it. A low priority is set when the don't anticipate medical improvement that will allow you to return to work. The majority of the time, a low priority case will be sent the short review form.

If you receive the short form, they provide a from and to dates for the period they are evaluating. They don't ask for your doctors name, just the last 3 dates you were treated for your underlying disability and the reason for the visit. So for me, my from date would probably be 2017(date of last review) to 2021. I would list my last neuro visit and the last two infusion dates I have for Tysabri, listing Multiple Sclerosis as the reason. All these dates were 2020. Since they only want the most recent 3 dates, I would not have room to list visits all the way back to 2017.

The shirt form gets scanned in and if any questions raise red flags, they may then send you a long form. Two examples that might trigger a red flag: no treatment dates for your disability, answering you have medically improved.
                  If you receive the long form, Social Security asks for medical information for the 12 months prior to the notice date on the form they send you. This includes your office visits, treatment, tests, therapy, etc... So if the notice is sent 12/2021 they will want info from 12/2020-12/2021.

That being said, SSDI could always request more records from your doctors than just 12 months. I would think they would only do that if something triggers questions, like no visits for your medical condition, suspicious work activity, etc.. if you are worried about something in 2019 and have been sent a long form you may want to clear up issues with the documentation with your doctor.

I could not find the short form on the SSA.gov website.

Here is the link for the long form.

​​https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-454-bk.pdf

As a side note, you seem incredibly anxious about your review. Given that it is not until the end of the year, you should really look at ways to calm your anxiety. You can't live the next 11 months in a state of heightened anxiety.
                  Kathy

Comment

Im do to get my updated disability report in December of this year in 2021 how many years back do they want recent dr appointments please tell me I'm stressing out thanks I need some replies

Comment

This was asked and answered. Please see prior thread.

https://www.msworld.org/forum/forum/...ability-report

Also, please post a reply to acknowledge you have seen this. We will merge it in the other post above since it is the same topic.
                      Kathy

Comment

Working...
                      X