Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for Jamie

Hi Jamie,

How does it work when you represent someone out of your area? What happens when
    there is a hearing? I am in the beginning stages of this process, I would prefer to have
    representation for filing. However, it is very important to me to have attorney present if
    I have a hearing since I have issues with memory.
    Do you have a set rate to review records?

Cavan

Cavan,

My office does provide assistance to MS patients (and those with other conditions) across the country. From a claimant's perspective, there is little difference in how the claim is managed by my office regardless of where you live. I personally attend all hearings in claims managed by my office.

Although we conduct intakes for remote cases over the phone, we ensure that the claimant has all representation documents in hand prior to the call, and go over the forms just as we would at a face-to-face meeting. After the intake, much of the contact between claimant and attorney in both local and remote claims is conducted via phone and e-mail.

Should the claim progress to a hearing, such hearing would be held in the claimant's local area. As counsel, I travel to the hearing, and appear in person with the claimant. (I've done this in the past in various locales, such as Boston, New Orleans and Los Angeles). Regardless of whom you choose, it is imperative that you have an attorney for your hearing.

My policy has always been to conduct an initial consultation free of charge, which includes a discussion of your claim and the claim process. If we mutually determine the claim has merit, I then offer to represent the claimant in their claim on a standard contingency basis. This basis is 25% of the past due benefits, not to exceed $6000 (this is set by federal statute).

I hope this information helps as you make an important decision. If you have further questions, you are welcome to message, e-mail or call. Good luck!
    Attorney Jamie R. Hall's practice is focused on assisting individuals with claims and appeals for Social Security Disability and Long Term Disability benefits. He has assisted claimants nationwide, approximately half of whom are MS patients, from his Pennsylvania and Ohio locations. **No attorney/client relationship is created by this communication, and information provided herein is not a substitute for formal advisement.**

Comment

Thank you.

Thank you for your response.

Originally posted by TheMSLawyer View Post
      Cavan,

My office does provide assistance to MS patients (and those with other conditions) across the country. From a claimant's perspective, there is little difference in how the claim is managed by my office regardless of where you live. I personally attend all hearings in claims managed by my office.

Although we conduct intakes for remote cases over the phone, we ensure that the claimant has all representation documents in hand prior to the call, and go over the forms just as we would at a face-to-face meeting. After the intake, much of the contact between claimant and attorney in both local and remote claims is conducted via phone and e-mail.

Should the claim progress to a hearing, such hearing would be held in the claimant's local area. As counsel, I travel to the hearing, and appear in person with the claimant. (I've done this in the past in various locales, such as Boston, New Orleans and Los Angeles). Regardless of whom you choose, it is imperative that you have an attorney for your hearing.

My policy has always been to conduct an initial consultation free of charge, which includes a discussion of your claim and the claim process. If we mutually determine the claim has merit, I then offer to represent the claimant in their claim on a standard contingency basis. This basis is 25% of the past due benefits, not to exceed $6000 (this is set by federal statute).

I hope this information helps as you make an important decision. If you have further questions, you are welcome to message, e-mail or call. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
      X