Railroad Retirement Board / Social Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Railroad Retirement Board / Social Security

Is anyone familiar with railroad retirement board(RRRB)? I was awarded SSDI following appeal and granted back award. Because my husband works for a railroad, my benefit and Medicare is to be administered thru the RRRB( to prevent double dipping).

Here is timeline:
    1. Award letter dated 12/15/15 from SSDI with monthly benefit and back award amt for 2014 and 2015
    2. Received my SSDI statement for taxes, reflecting back award plus 12/15 monthly amount.
    3. Login to SSDI, it shows monthly payments, starting 12/15.
    4. LTD carrier wants their back award now, threatening to hold the monthly amount overs SSDI, ad well as invoke clause that will allow them to recover Lawyer fees (6k) if not received within so many days of SSDI award letter.

I have not received anything from RRRB, not even letter acknowledging they are handling, Medicare card, or anything. I called the local RRRB office, the looked in system, noone in the home office has yet been assigned. If they call and make an inquiry on my behalf, The date gets reset, so it looks like my case was just sent. So I lose my place in the priority assignment queue.

So my problem:
    1. I appear to have 2015 income from SSDI that I need to factor in taxes fot 2014 and 2015. I have already paid taxes for LTD amounts for this money, but rates will be different. Issue is, I did not receive this money in 2015.
    2. LTD wants their money back now.
    3. I may have no income if I don't receive LTD benefit, being withheld until repayment of back award.
    I may owe Extra 6k to LTD if back award not paid soon.
    4. Worried about medicare and if I will have penalties associated to part B if I want to decline.

Help! Where do I go? How do I get RRRB to move on this? The RRRB seems to be a mystery. My lawyer does't have experience with them. Any guidance?
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri
Working...
X