Im ready to give up but my Lawyer is not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im ready to give up but my Lawyer is not

I am a 30+ year construction worker and over the years my work has taken its tole on my body but as Iv
    always been a work it off type of guy I would just take over the counter pain meds and go to work.
    6 years ago my problems got so bad I was laid off for the first time in 30 years my employer would not say but it was due to the lack of ability to preform my job so I went home and started sleeping 16+ hours a day I have always been a 5 to 6 hours sleep a night person. after a few months I went to my wifes Dr and told him my problems with no blood tests he stated I was getting old. so i went home filed for disability but with no med records I was promptly denied. so I went back to the same routine of sleeping. after a year my unemployment shut down and I lost my insurance so I went to the state hospital the first blood test showed my thyroid levels where dangerously low my Dr stated I could have died. and now 2 years later I am past my second denial and waiting for a court hearing and in this time I have been fighting with the state Dr's to do the tests I need I wanted to take chchantix to quit smoking in that blood test I showed pos for hepatitis C with a virus load of 3.5 million and now am under going treatment for it which is not an easy treatment.
    I finally got the Dr to send me to a Otho Dr when I seen him I had a list of my problems when
    seen headaches in the list he did not do any tests he sent me to a neurologist and she ran every test she
    could and as I knew she found no problems. I told her It was arthritis in my feet, ankles and knees, low
    back, and neck. she ordered an MRI of my low back but not the rest of the problem areas the MRI came back
    severe arthritis L2 L3 and L4 the Otho Dr gave me a cane I keep telling them the arthritis in my
    back was caused while I was on my feet but I still can not get the MRI done of the rest of my body. now
    after my second denial I'm waiting for a court hearing I have had my Dr fill out a report about my problems but my lawyer states the Dr was to vague I have went to therapy to be evaluated they ran there typical tests on me I keep telling them I can not be on my feet for over 20 minutes or sit for the same with out pain and numbness so therapy and the Disability Dr's have me walk 5 foot and state I'm ok according to disability you have to be able to be on your feet for 6 hours I do not see why they do not put a person on a tread mill and see just what happens. My lawyer has not but I have given up but I have. 1 more year I will be able to collect my union pension as I'm living off of my 66 year old wife which dose not help with my now depleted mental state It seems like the only real stipulations disability has is that you will give up or die as you receive your first check like my brother did Iv never asked for any thing and did not plan on ever having to ask but now that I have to ask I wish I did not have to.
Working...
X