Psych Eval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Psych Eval

Hello All. I have a couple of questions, but i'm aware of the fact that nobody is necissarily going to have an answer for me. Just thought I might get some opinions.

I filed for SSDI in June. About a month ago, SSDI sent letter asking me to go to a Physical Evaluation. The appt was Aug 11. During the consult with the Dr, he asked me about my latest job. I broke down... Don't know why, I just started bawling and was embarrassed that I wasn't able to collect myself for a few minutes. That was weird because I hadn't been THAT way about not being able to work. I don't like it, but I hadn't had that type of reaction about it before. Anyway, the Dr suggested I ask SSDI for a psych consult for my depression. I am using Allsup, and they said you can't request that, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to make an appt on my own with a therapist. To date, only my PCP has treated my anxiety and depression. I don't have a problem doing this, and it probably be more therapeutic than just getting meds from my PCP. Is it normal for physical eval docs to make suggestions like that?

Another question I have wondered about is why hasn't SSDI sent me for a psych eval? My medical records reflect that I have anxiety and depression and have been being treated for a few years now. And, I also have documented (by my neuro) cognitive deficits and also have on record, the cognitive function testing that occurred in May of this year. I wonder if they still might send me for a psych consult, or maybe they have enough info documented about my cognitive issues?

Like I said, I know it would be hard to give me an answer, just thought I might get an opinion or 2.
    , T2B

"I have a lot of pain in my microwave".
Working...
X