Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why I been denied for social security???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I been denied for social security???

I like to know why everyone tells me i need to fight to get SSDI.. I tried to get Disability-got denied not enough working credit, tried for SSDI- they said I been denied because of my husband income.. We barely make enough as it is. I"m hearing impaired, i can't get job that i can do.. Right now i"m a part time cashier wish it looking like I will have to quite. Now that I have MS it too hot in the store, and there not working with me to move me to a cooler area. Seem like i should qualify for something.
    Any Advice???

Have you spoken to a lawyer that specializes in disabilty cases? The consultation is free and if they think you have a case you dont pay them, they take a percetage of your backpay.... I'm about to speak to one myself

Comment

Hi, Jenwi - you are describing the unfortunate circumstance where a claimant has not worked sufficiently to be eligible for SSDI (Social Security Disability Insurance) and is also not eligible for SSI (Supplemental Security Income) because of spousal income.

How many more credits do you need to be eligible for SSDI - you could investigate that.

Rich
      Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Working...
      X