I had no problem with Ssdi why do others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had no problem with Ssdi why do others

Because of my husbands earnings our household income is too much to get Ssi but I get Ssdi and a dependent check for our daughter as well. How come others have such a hard time getting approved , have to get a lawyer, or go to court? I didnt have to do any of these things. It makes no sense.

I would think that part of it is what kind of reports and other information that your doctors submits on your behalf and how much is documented and how it is documented, I also did my own and was approved in less than 2 months, here again my dr suggested I go on disability and backed me fully.
    Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

agreed

I agree. After reading a bunch of posts I've come to the same conclusion. I was diagnosed in 2003 and at the time was a Corporate trainer for Bank of America, working on my Doctorate, taking care of my home, husband, daughter. Now I cant even drive or go anywhere on my own. Thankfully my daughter now a teenager is helpful and understanding as well as my adopted mom. Sadly my husband of 15 years is a complete "a******", its as if its a huge joke to him. He makes fun of the problems I face now and gets so mad that Im not who I was 10 years ago. To top it all off I have battled and come through Ovarian and Bladder Cancer in the last 11 years. The problem Im facing right now is Insurance .I just started getting my Ssdi in March so obviously dont qualify for Medicarefor some time, I had Medicaid sinc emy husband and I were seperated they didnt count his income, now that I recieve Ssdi i "have to much income" to receive Medicaid and cannot get any typeof Private insurance as i havent been Cancer free for 5 years, only been in remission since february. Does anyone know ofsome avenues? My monthly checks dont even cove rhalf my meds let alone actual Doctor visits or treatments, including my oxygen that im on 24/7. I am starting to get scared starting next month I am 3 months behind on my mortgage, utilities, an dno way to pay for meds or treatment, or even get my daughter her school supplies let alone clothes. Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

I am glad you all got approved so easily, I wish I was one of you but unfortunantly the state of California is making me jump thru hoops.

Did all of you hire lawyers or file on your own?

Comment

Filed mine online myself, spoke to a lady about a week or so later and never heard a thing until $ showed up in my account and the approval letter the following week.

As a note the lawyers here locally here in NC would not take my case until I had been turned down at least once, guess they wanted to make sure there was some good back pay to get a better payoff for thier % so that was why I did it myself. .

Comment

My experience was pretty much the same as scooter. I applied, did phone interview, they contacted all my Doctors, I was denied the SSI due to our income being in the higher bracket because of my husband, received letter saying approved. Got my backpay within a week of the approval letter, then first month payment, a week later backpay for my daughter, and a month later her monthly. Its great and all but Im paying out more than I get for medications since no health care until Medicare kicks in. Its hell.

Comment

Have you contacted drug companies to see if you are eligible for assistance for your meds?

Comment

Scooter, I have. A few of them Im getting at a HUGE discount such as my MS meds, pain meds. My biggest obsticle are my Radiation shots and anti depression meds. Are any of you guys having to take anti depressents?

The last few years I wouldnt be able to survive without them. Im in my 30s and feel 80 at times haha. My parents are starting to help out as sadly there isnt a lot I can do on my own anymore and my husband runs the opposite direction.

Im shocked hes stuck around as long as he has, our 15 year wedding anniversary is next week but hes more a roommate at this point. He gets angry that Im not who I used to be. Heck, Im angry too an dhe doesnt get it. I used to be sooo active and its hard adjusting especially since it seems like Im getting worse by the day.

I got my Undergrad from a full Athletic Scholarship for Basketball and Volleyball, then played Olympic Volleyball for 2 years, and up until last year I was still able to Coach. Now I cry at the thought of taking a shower.

I feel like a failure, especially having an 11 year old daughter who deserves more and my husband deserves a wife that takes care of him. One of my big obsticles is taking my pain meds. Ive been on prescription pain meds since high school, only way i could function and be as active as i was.

After having our daughter i stopped because i dont want to set a bad example for her by popping pills. Ive been seeing a therapist an dtrying to get over it because all my doctors keep telling me that i can be a better person, wife, mother if im not in pain. Its a catch 22. And the price is amazing for the things my Neurologist and Oncologist have me on. Sorry i went on an don, sometimes i just need to vent to people who at leasr have a little understanding of what this life is like.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Comment

Have you researched the pre-existing condition insurance plan (PCIP) for you state? There is a monthly premium but may be lower than what you re currently paying out of pocket. If you have not just google PCIP and your state an that shoul take you to the website for more specific info. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X