Denied...:(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denied...:(

I've been denied for SSI should I keep trying I am 18 and have been dx since july of 09. I have been on copaxone for the last year and doing fine; however, My cognitive ability has slowed downed quite a bit. Sadly enough my medicaid will go away when I turn 19 there is no way i can go without my medication and there will be no way I will be able to afford them as I will be going to college for quite some time. Any advice??
    LexiRaye

ssi or ssdi ?

Comment

ssdi i think :/ not sure though
      LexiRaye

Comment

I don't know how the SSDI system works for you youngsters, but I know you can get your Copaxone for free. Call the company and they'll get you started on the financial stuff.

If you're in the US, you can be on your parents insurance until you're 26, if that's an option.

Good Luck!
        ~Kim in NV~ Dx RRMS on the Spring Equinox 2008 , at age 44. *Aubagio* That which does not kill us only makes us stronger

Comment

Going to college would generally disqualify you for ssdi and ssi as you could argue that if you can go to college you can work. Having a diagnosis does not qualify you for any benefits, it is about whether you are able to work or not with whatever restrictions you have if any.

As the others suggested, a lot of medication is given out for free if you meet whatever low income requirement the various drug company have set up.

Comment

Hi, Lovebug. Sorry to hear about the problems you've been having. Have you spoken with an attorney who concentrates in these claims to review your case and options?

Rich
            Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Working...
            X