Another Visual Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Visual Challenge

Another visual challenge is at hand. Has anyone had these same challenges.

As I have been here before with visual issues, this new one is quite annoying.

I had the pleasure this easter weekend to learn how to make Pasanky Eggs. What beautiful works of art they are. Could not pick which ones I loved the best.

I made two eggs from scratch (pencil sketch to waxing to dipping to wiping them clean) all close up work.

As I have done close work before and knowing the importance to good lighting and resting the eyes periodically, I found my eyes could not adjust to driving home.

It was a cloudy day, I was not tired, but the eyes couldn't focus very well in driving. Oncoming cars made me uncomfortable, as they seem to be closer than I thought.

I felt like I had tunnel vision. The periphrial seemed to not be working very well. I was nervous to drive to say the least.

If a police officer were to pull me over, he might think that I was drunk because when I walked out of the car to go to the store, I could not walk straight.

Honestly ...I didn't even have a drink, lol.

Your thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I surely don't want to have to call my neuro/opthalmologist with something that really isn't a big deal.

It has happened before, but I thought I was tired at the time.

Both of those times it took me almost until the next day to recover.
    STR

I suggest you see a optometrist. From what you described from your drive home it sounds kind of like diplopia (which technically is double vision). I got diagnosed after my vision looked like I was drunk all the time - the problem was a lesion in where I process vision in my brain and so, even though I did not see true double, I had "double vision" because my brain was not putting the images together smoothly. I suggest an optometrist because I only saw true double (and figured out the problem) when we were testing my vision.

I hope this has all passed now, but keep it in mind.

Comment

If it lasts >24 hours, go see your ophthalmologist and have them send a note to your neurologist. It could be that you are just feeling off-balance, and it has nothing to do with your eyes, but you have to rule that out.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Lisa
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

Working...
      X