Flashes in peripheral vision with pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flashes in peripheral vision with pain

Is this anything to worry about, or just another sign of a possible exacerbation?

I started having pain in my bad eye about a week ago(dx with 'funky optic nerve - for real - in 2001). Not horrible pain, but it's happier to stay staring in one direction. When I move my eye, there is a flash of black and white that lasts for just a second, but I think is moving in a complete circle around my eye. I usually only see part of it, most often to the outside periphery, but sometimes upper or lower, and only occasionally inside. I see it most in dimly lighted rooms and when I close my eyes. It has gotten a bit worse (pain and flashes) over the last three days.

Does this sound like anything MS related? I did email my Neuro on Saturday (that was a week of this in addition to severe fatigue and increased falls/trouble walking, along with tremors and weakness in my 'good' leg). His email goes to his secretary and she's usually good about calling back. I checked my insurance and am wondering if I should just try to get in to see my neuro-opthalmologist?

I think you should see your opthalmologist. I told my optometrist that I saw flashes and he sent me to an opthalmologist. It turns out that it could be another nasty side of MS. It could also could be a torn retina. So, you should get it checked out. Good luck

Comment

Working...
    X