Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TOLERANT of cold weather

Hi all
    Im 55 and have through menopause. However am very tolerant of cold weather. The only thing cod are my feet and hands. I never shiver and will only wear a sweatshirt. I have transitioned to spms over the year. Most of my obstacles are coordination,moboility,fatigue.Does anyone else suffer from this? Roxy118

Originally posted by roxy118 View Post
    Hi all
    Im 55 and have through menopause. However am very tolerant of cold weather. The only thing cod are my feet and hands. I never shiver and will only wear a sweatshirt. I have transitioned to spms over the year. Most of my obstacles are coordination,moboility,fatigue.Does anyone else suffer from this? Roxy118
    Hi roxy

My body functions best when I'm just borderline chilly.

But I don't tolerate being cold at all. My muscles stiffen so much that I can barely move when I get too cold.

I'm also heat intolerant, which causes extreme weakness, among other symptoms.

I have a pretty small window (of decent temperature) in which my impaired nerve signals function at their best.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I'm like KoKo. I function best between 59-63 degrees. Any colder, and I get stiff, sleepy, and stupid. Any warmer, I hurt a lot more, get weaker, and stupid. Fall has long been my favorite season!

Comment

Originally posted by NoraS View Post
        I'm like KoKo. I function best between 59-63 degrees. Any colder, and I get stiff, sleepy, and stupid. Any warmer, I hurt a lot more, get weaker, and stupid. Fall has long been my favorite season!

Hi NoraS,

Have to comment here. KoKo and I had a recent discussion in the exercise forum regarding heat.

You chose the proper word when you said "Any warmer, I... get weaker..."

I never had a problem with any kind of heat. Still don't really, but did notice a difference as far as muscle response after 15 minutes in a jacuzzi following pool exercise.

Weaker. Muscles that were as responsive as mine can get after a workout (and a short rest), were definitely weaker, less reactive. The heat has to be the root cause.

I can lean toward sleepy, but stupid... it may be harder to tell any difference ;-)

Comment

Working...
        X