From Gabapentin to Lyrica then back to Gabapentin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Gabapentin to Lyrica then back to Gabapentin

Has anyone gone from Gabapentin to Lyrica then back to Gabapentin for your nerve pain. I was on the max dose of Gabapentin 3600mg per day then to 600mg Lyrica aday I have had alot of break through nerve pain across my upper and lower back I know this is ms nerve pain a as I have gone to er several times with this exact pain and it has always been ms related. I am not sure if im just maybe starting a flare even though I am on Tysabri and it is not as likely or the Lyrica is not working for me. Have any of you had this scenario? Thanks!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain! Diagnosed '99. And still learning about this disease!

Hi, I am still in limbo, but I was on Gabapentin, switched to Lyrica and it made me feel drugged, woozy and totally out of it. Switched back to Gabapentin at a higher dose of 2400, but was lowered to 1800. I take Cymbalta as well. I am also taking Meloxicam for pain.I still get alot of nerve pain, so not sure where we will go from here. I swear it seems every few months I get new symptoms or severity of old symptoms.

Comment

Hi BDOBBINS.

I am sorry you are finding it difficult trying to treat your pain. If Neurontin and Lyrica are not helping there are other options you can try. WiltingRose mentioned Cymbalta which is one of the other options. I used Cymbalta for awhile and found it quite helpful.

This article might give you some ideas to take back to your Physician:
      https://www.health.harvard.edu/pain/...eve-nerve-pain

WiltingRose, Meloxicam is an NSAID and they don't help with nerve pain although are very helpful for other types of pain. I use Meloxicam (Mobic) but it has never helped with pain related to my MS.

I hope your Drs. figure out why you are dealing with symptoms
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Snoopy, (love the name), I use Meloxicam for other pains, not nerve pain. I guess I didn't mention that part. I just had my environmental allergy test and thankfully not allergic to anything. They didn't test for husbands, so maybe that's it?? LOL. Right now I am wearing a heart monitor to check for arythymias (sp?). I've been having seizure-like episodes. I also had an EEG last week. I'm waiting on the results from it. Next week I go for my 6-7? EMG to check for neuropathy in my legs. I'm grateful I have doctors that want to get to the root cause of these symptoms. I'm sure there are many not just one cause.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltingRose View Post
          I use Meloxicam for other pains, not nerve pain.
          Same here WiltingRose

I just had my environmental allergy test and thankfully not allergic to anything. They didn't test for husbands, so maybe that's it?? LOL.
          At least you still have sense of humor, that can be helpful for some people (me ) I rreally do hope your Drs. can give you some answers. Take care!
          Diagnosed 1984
          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
          X