Announcement

Collapse

WELCOME TO OUR NEW HOME!

Hello MSWorld Members,

Welcome to our new home! We hope you love it as much as we do!

we promise.

to offer current and relevant information.

to grow a community built on positive and affirming support.

to showcase member creativity.

to provide safe chat rooms.

to provide well moderated forums.

we believe that what we give as a community comes back to us.

welcome to MSWorld on this journey through a different lens. together. we are msworld.
we are. community.

We appreciate your understanding as we finalize our new home. Our arcade is still currently under construction and won’t be available for a while. Thank you for your patience while we prepare a new and improved arcade for you.

enjoy our new home.

support reimagined.
See more
See less

Gabapentin to Lyrica = excellent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gabapentin to Lyrica = excellent!

Long story short, I'd been really grouchy for awhile. Exhausted, not able to focus for long, etc. I realized after awhile it was from unceasing neuro pain. I'd been taking the same amount of Gabapentin, 2400-3600 (give/take a few hundred mgs.) for the past 5-6 years. It wasn't working as well for me anymore. It crept up so slowly that I didn't pt it all together.

I tolerated gabapentin quite well, no issues, and when it worked well it was a life saver! But I wasn't getting enough relief. So doc said to try Lyrica. Hrm. Skeptical. A few days ago I took my first dose. Joy! The burning, stabbing, needling, tingling in my arms, face, and legs quieted to a beautiful dull awareness...then, JOY! I had almost 2 hours of NO pain and just mild-feeling numb weirdness.

I admit, I fricken' cried from relief. I am taking 400mg, spread out in 4 doses through the day/evening. I hope-hope-hope Lyrica continues to work for me...as I am allergic to tricyclic antidepressants and Cymbalta (terrible cardiac issues from both), so end of the neuro-pain line for me.

Just wanted to post in case some one was in the same pain-boat.
    RRMS 2011, Copaxone 2011-2013, Tecfidera 2013-current

It works for me

Kate,
    I take two 75mg twice per day for a few yearsand have found it much better than Gabapentin which I had since 1984.
    Rich

Comment

Working...
    X