Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ALL fatigue treatments. What do YOU take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishead View Post
    Provigil is no longer working for me.

I was wondering what EVERYONE has tried and takes, for fatigue.

Ring in with your thoughts and med/non-med treatment.
    I have ms , and I cannot hear myself think anymore, once in awhile I can then it goes away again, I also have tiredness so I just drink coffee in the morning but I noticed with that I just need more and more of it lol I was drinking caffeine since I was in my moms belly so I really am used to it! I wanted to find a doctor that would give me Adderall for add that would also help with memory and tiredness problems...the shot I take everyday for my ms capaxone gives me a little energy did you ever try that?

Comment

LDN not always so great

Originally posted by its2much View Post
      Will your neuro prescribe LDN? I've heard that there are very few doctors that will prescribe it. That's unfortunate as I've also heard that is very effective for MS fatigue.
      My neuro prescribed LDN a couple years ago for me. I tried it, but had to stop because it caused so much fatigue for me. I was really dragging until I stopped.

Currently I'm taking 50mg of Provigil daily. At first it was pure magic, but now it's not working as well as it did when I first started, so I'm probably going to increase my dosage and see if that works better.

/Scut

Comment

Nuvigil wakes up my brain

Before Nuvigil I would wake up after nine or more hours of sleep; drink a cup of coffee in silence and and fall asleep on the couch for at least another hour. Any chores would be done in spurts "had to chuckle when I saw that description" Even more than physical fatigue I was suffering from brain fatigue. I could not carry on a conversation..at least not one that was intelligible! Everyone would ask me if I was angry with them. That question is way to difficult to answer when my brain isn't awake! No! didn't seem to be an adequate response.!

My original dosage was 175 mg a day. But from what I hear from family and friends, when I took the full dosage it was like I was vaccinated with a phonograph needle. I have settled on a half of a pill a day. 1/4 in the morning and a 1/4 after lunch. I still lay down and rest cause I figure my body needs it, but I get a little bounce out of the afternoon dosage. I was diagnosed with MS 8 years ago and have been taking Nuvigil for almost 3 years. Thanks to Nuvigil I have an a almost normal life. I'm just thankful for the ability to engage with my surroundings.

Comment

fatigue? i take caffeine, nicotine and a general bad attitude. im serious.....

Comment

Working...
          X