Tizanidine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
    Oh KoKo- I hope it works well for you. I find that 2mg works well, but works as a sedative for me and all I want to do is sleep. Hopefully, the 1 mg is just the right amt for you. Good luck!
    Thank you Seasha!

I took the 1/2 tablet (1 mg) at 1pm. Fell asleep at some point and woke up at 4:30pm!

I must have slept during the peak time of effectiveness because when I got up and walked, the leg stiffness was still there.

I did read that it is a short-acting med, and so it can be taken as needed.

I'll try again tomorrow. My worst time is during the afternoon.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post

Thank you Seasha!

I took the 1/2 tablet (1 mg) at 1pm. Fell asleep at some point and woke up at 4:30pm!

I must have slept during the peak time of effectiveness because when I got up and walked, the leg stiffness was still there.

I did read that it is a short-acting med, and so it can be taken as needed.

I'll try again tomorrow. My worst time is during the afternoon.
      Wow KoKo. Tizanidine is strong medicine and that's why I take it only at night when I have severe symptoms. Have you used Baclofen yet? It is milder and could help your spasticity or possibly reducing your tizanidine to 1/2 mg?

Hope things work out better for you.
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I am 130 lbs and I take two sometimes two and a half 2 mg tablets every night.
        and it keeps the spasticity away the next day
        It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpride View Post
          I am 130 lbs and I take two sometimes two and a half 2 mg tablets every night.
          and it keeps the spasticity away the next day
          Oh, that's interesting oceanpride.

I didn't know that it would work that way.

I might try that. Thanks!
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Yes KoKo I never take it during the day unless it’s severe. Maybe you could try one at bedtime and just experiment a little.
            For me it’s a good drug. And it helps a lot.
            good luck. I think after you take it regularly for awhile it just kind of gets into your system
            and works.
            But I’m no doctor.

Comment

I tried it several years ago. It made me really tired. But if I recall I took it during the day, never heard or thought of taking it at night. I've got a Baclofen pump now.

Comment

Hey everyone

A brief update on my use of Tizanidine.

Glad to report that after taking (6) 1 mg doses at various times, I have had no increased muscle weakness in my legs.

And the extreme sleepiness has stopped.

So I am currently experimenting with taking a whole tablet (2 mg) at night.

My best result so far happened after taking it at 3 am.

When I got up a few hours later, my legs felt lighter and I was able to swing my MS affected leg forward with much less effort than usual.

Will continue experimenting. . .

Comment

Good KoKo. Hopefully it works and you won’t have to take too much of it to make a difference. For me the art of falling to sleep is a real struggle so it kills two birds with one stone. I am really enjoying the relief of pain and stiffness it brings during the day… and I only take it an hour before sleep. I wished I didn’t have to take any of it but whatever makes life more bearable. No question I have found it way better than baclofen. I wouldn’t think it was all my imagination after this long of a trial. I think it comes in stronger doses so I’m hoping a couple of 2mg tablets per day isn’t too much for me to be taking. I mean other than some symptom management what else can we do ?

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                    Hey everyone

A brief update on my use of Tizanidine.

Glad to report that after taking (6) 1 mg doses at various times, I have had no increased muscle weakness in my legs.

And the extreme sleepiness has stopped.

So I am currently experimenting with taking a whole tablet (2 mg) at night.

My best result so far happened after taking it at 3 am.

When I got up a few hours later, my legs felt lighter and I was able to swing my MS affected leg forward with much less effort than usual.

Will continue experimenting. . .
                    Good to hear, KoKo! Glad you found the right combination for you and hope it continues to help.
                    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I tried 2 mg and 4 mg. No effect what so ever. Sticking with Diazepam.

Peace,
                      Anna

Comment

Originally posted by hobbit View Post
                        I tried 2 mg and 4 mg. No effect what so ever. Sticking with Diazepam.

Peace,
                        Anna
                        Thanks Anna!

It's helpful to know that there are other options.

Comment

I used it too and it worked well for me.

Comment

Working...
                          X