Finally Baclofen Pump being Replaced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally Baclofen Pump being Replaced

After having my pump removed last February because it was starting to poke out of my skin, Medtronic short on parts for pumps in the summer and a couple delays because of elective surgery's on hold they have finally scheduled me for the end of the month.

I miss my pump. The spasticity in my legs is just going nuts.

That's terrific news, 90stangg. You've had a long wait!

Good luck!
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I'm so happy for you. Please let us know how it goes for you.

I wish you well...

Comment

I'm glad that they are finally getting it done! I hope that it's a safe hospital and that they don't keep you inpatient if at all possible that way you don't get sick. Out where I live covid19 made it's way to the hospital and nursing homes. Good luck and God bless.

Comment

Good luck with your surgery. I hope that everything goes good for you. And hopefully you don't have to stay in the hospital and take the chance of getting covid19.

Comment

Good news! I've been wondering how you're doing. I know I wouldn't want to be without my pump.

Are they putting in the same location as before? Just wondering if they can do that with all the scar tissue.

Best of luck with your surgery, and please let us know how it goes.
            Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Well I got my new pump on the 26th of Jan. Just got out of hospital/rehab on Tuesday. It's just like starting all over again. Trying to get the pump adjusted, slow progress.

They decided to put the pump on the left side even though my muscles have relaxed on that side and he put it a little deeper. When it was on the right side it protruded a little and it looked like I had a hockey puck implanted. You can't even see it on the left side now. The Dr. had pitched off the catheter thinking he could reuse it, but ended up replacing it. It is still up in the c4 range cause during my trial I thought it helped with my MS Hug. Staples came out yesterday, now to slowly work my way back exercising and stretching to get back to where I was

Comment

Originally posted by 90stangg View Post
                Well I got my new pump on the 26th of Jan. Just got out of hospital/rehab on Tuesday. It's just like starting all over again. Trying to get the pump adjusted, slow progress.

They decided to put the pump on the left side even though my muscles have relaxed on that side and he put it a little deeper. When it was on the right side it protruded a little and it looked like I had a hockey puck implanted. You can't even see it on the left side now. The Dr. had pitched off the catheter thinking he could reuse it, but ended up replacing it. It is still up in the c4 range cause during my trial I thought it helped with my MS Hug. Staples came out yesterday, now to slowly work my way back exercising and stretching to get back to where I was
                Thanks for the update, 90stangg.

Glad for you that you finally got your new pump!

Good luck with your exercising and stretching, and hope you'll be back to your baseline as soon as possible.

We're rootin' for ya!
                PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
                X