I know this has been discussed before, and I think I've tried most/all of the suggestions that were given. I thought I'd bring it up again and hope you all may have some different suggestions and maybe even a solution or two. I am going nuts with this.

My itchy spots (there's nothing visible) come and go, are worse at night when I have nothing to distract me maybe, are only marginally helped by cortisone Rxs or ice packs, or lotions and creams. My dermatologist put me on/took me off Benadryl and gave me an Rx for Atarax (hydroxyzine). That was great for a few days as it helped with the itch and inability to sleep. Then I noticed that the day after I had taken it, I was unexplainably short-tempered and depressed way beyond normal, and it stopped helping the itching. Anger, depression and feeling jazzed was not acceptable, so I stopped it and called the doctor. Since I react similarly to another med in the same group(anxiety), he agreed that probably Atarax was not for me.

Because I already take Clarinex and Singular for allergies and asthma, I am more than suspicious that the itchy skin problem is just one more part of my MS. Although itching doesn't sound like much to worry about, it makes it harder to go to sleep (I already have a hard time with that) and it's crazy-making. I'm sure some of you know what I mean, but what do I do now? I can't continue to itch and squirm and wiggle and itch forever, and it already feels like it's gone on forever.

What can you suggest?