Headache possible CSF leak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headache possible CSF leak?

I'm fairly new to all this. I was diagnosed just over a year ago. I have always battled migraines, but this last week I had a migraine that lasted 4 days, which I've never experienced before. It felt a lot like after I had my spinal tap...the bad CSF leakage headache. My question is...does this happen to anyone else? Could it have been a CSF leak even though I didn't have any procedures recently? They didn't run tests, because I just went to the ER to get some pain relief.

Hello GrammarNinja and welcome to MSWorld

In my very unprofessional opinion I would not believe your migraine is a result of a CSF leak.

MS has the possibility of causing headaches and migraines.

However, it is important to note that headaches and migraines can happen for other reasons such as, medication side effects, hormonal fluctuations, certain foods, stress/worry and other health issues.

If you are getting frequent migraines you may want to discuss this with your Primary Care Physician or your Neurologist.

Take care
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

A couple months ago I had a headache for 2 days that I swear felt just like the post spinal tap one. Medication did no good at all I just suffered through it.

I told my wife and she asked a nurse friend of hers and apparently no it is not related to a spinal tap. May just be a bad migraine or as was already suggested a drug side effect diet or hormonal change or MS or ...

Good luck hope you get over it and it doesn't happen again just know that I feel your pain and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
      Rise up this mornin, Smiled with the risin sun, Three little birds Pitch by my doorstep Singin sweet songs Of melodies pure and true, Sayin, (this is my message to you-ou-ou

Comment

Working...
      X