Arm, Chest Pain, MS Hug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arm, Chest Pain, MS Hug

I've been having arm pain, mostly left arm, and some chest pain the last 4-6 months. I also have been experiencing what I think is the "MS Hug". I get a girdle type feeling near the top of my rib cage. I've been to the cardiologist about the arm and chest discomfort, but the EKG looks good. Just curious if anyone else has had these challenges and what if anything you can do to lessen the symptoms. The pain in the arm and chest along with the "MS Hug" symptoms scares the crap out of me.

Originally posted by lanigm View Post
    I've been having arm pain, mostly left arm, and some chest pain the last 4-6 months. I also have been experiencing what I think is the "MS Hug". I get a girdle type feeling near the top of my rib cage. I've been to the cardiologist about the arm and chest discomfort, but the EKG looks good. Just curious if anyone else has had these challenges and what if anything you can do to lessen the symptoms. The pain in the arm and chest along with the "MS Hug" symptoms scares the crap out of me.
    It DID to me, too! My first visit to an ER, as a patient. Even though I do know I have MS hugs, I still don't take it for granite and my little dog and I spent a night in the hospital with chest pain in December.

I had mild discomfort and my pulse was rather high for me and I was at the pharmacy when I had a different 'little' pain. So to the ER we went.

Apparently, there was a slight change on my EKG since the previous one. So, they were extra vigilant in obtaining the data required to rule out an M.I.

I sure hope I never get so complacent that I start saying, 'oh it is just M.S.' Well, unless I am ready to check out of this world or desire to loss some more of my abilities.

I am 60 and at this age, all women are more subject to heart attacks (M.I's). The difference for me is, I really had trouble 'sucking' air in, with the M.S. hug and I did go to the ER with it twice, before my diagnosis of M.S.

It is always better to be safe than sorry. I'd like to be able to take care of my precious little dog. She deserves a healthier human subject and i strive to be that. fed

Comment

Working...
    X