Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently I lift weights in my sleep...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently I lift weights in my sleep...

My muscles hurt so bad some days. When I wake up in the morning (and all my pain meds have worn off) I feel like I have spent all night lifting weights or chopping wood. What causes the sore muscles? I know some of the muscle pain is because I am now taking something for the fatigue (Ritalin) and I am doing more than I have in the past year. I have felt this way for at least a year and I wasn't doing as much physically.

I possibly have periodic limb movement disorder. I have absolutely no knowledge of anything happening, but do awake with sore arms and legs (occasionally feel like I've been mountain climbing), plus have a hubby who reports the action. Which sometimes hurts him :-(.

Sadly my sleep study had to be postponed because I was on a medication that would have invalidated the results. I'd like to figure this out too ...

Comment

My husband complains that I am always kicking and lifting my legs and slamming them down on the bed. I have no knowledge of this either. Poor guy can't sleep while I am sleeping soundly and doing bed aerobics (apparently). My arms are the worst and he doesn't ever mention me moving them.

Comment

Originally posted by amyrising View Post
        My husband complains that I am always kicking and lifting my legs and slamming them down on the bed. I have no knowledge of this either. Poor guy can't sleep while I am sleeping soundly and doing bed aerobics (apparently). My arms are the worst and he doesn't ever mention me moving them.
        amy, sounds like it could be Restless Leg Syndrome, let your primary know. it is treatable. fed

Comment

Why are my arms sore? The muscles are sore to the touch and when I use them. I had a hard time driving this morning they were so sore.

Comment

I have the SAME issues! When I asked my primary about Restless BODY Syndrome, he laughed!

M.S. Spasticity in all the muscles and not one sided, is what we are guessing.

I requested my PCP call my neurologist and FIGURE this out! Since, the Sinemet he gave me for the RLS does help. I had a sleep study that supports the total Restless BODY Syndrome.

It drives me nuts! fed

Comment

Yes yes, lots of pain

My experience is we have a lot of pain, I.E. as original poster mentioned, it feels like we have been working out. In essence our brains as doing just this. Not only do we have: PAIN

1. The same pain felt after working out because that is exactly what our brain is imposing out us without our consent.
              2. The pain felt after other muscles, bones, etc. are pulled permanently into a position they should not be.
              3. The pain those other muscles, bones, etc. are forced to experience because they are being effected by the strain.

Also, one (among many) factor of our extreme fatigue is the work our body is doing 24-7 doing without our approval. We are feeling the same fatigue we would feel, had we actually worked out very hard.

I had a lot more to say but I don't think my thoughts are coming across as they should. I am currently suffering from some cognitive issues that make it very difficult for me to express myself. I apologize.

Comment

I am currently suffering from some cognitive issues that make it very difficult for me to express myself. I apologize.[/QUOTE]

No Worries ad no need to apologize! I have similar issues and its very frustrating.

As for the pain, this is exactly how I explained it to my wife. I do not sleep very well and I always wake up like i have worked out vigorously. ( spell check is a savior)
                Leave the Heat and Stress for the birds!

Comment

sore muscles in morning

I wake most every morning with my upper back and ribcage hurting so bad that I have a hard time sitting up out of a lying down position.

Comment

Working...
                  X