Problems with feet ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with feet ????

Hi, Just wanted to ask if anyone has trouble with their feet ? Burning, pain, feels like walking on rocks & glass. Don't know if this is MS, meds or something else.
    Thanks for listening. Always keep smiling

Foot Problems

Hi,

I sometimes have weird muscle pains in my feet... Almost like a Charlie Horse but in the bottom of my foot, if you can imagine that.

I am also uncertain if it is MS related, Copaxone related, or lack of exercise related, though I am quite fit, active, and healthy according to my BMI.

It is such a strange feeling that lasts for several hours to days at a time.

I'm not sure exactly what you're feeling, but if it brings comfort to know that I feel strange at times as well, then I hope I've helped! =). You've helped me!
    Diagnosed 4/10; Copaxone 10/10 - 8/13
    You win some and you lose some, but that is how you learn. -ALB

Comment

YES!!

My feet and back tingle, twitch and itch. My skins feels like it is crawling. Sort of like the motions a bug or worm would make but it's not something ON my skin. It IS my skin.
      Karen

Comment

Happens to me too. The "hey there is a bug on my arm" sensation is NOT a fun MS issue. I just "allow the bug to be there". It took a long time to "train my brain", but I sure do stay more relaxed now.

I have heard of meds that can help with the issue. Neuro-meds.... don't know names, sorry. Perhaps someone who DOES know, can share.
        Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

I had pretty annoying neuropathic foot issues. Sometimes they felt like I really bad athlete's foot, a really bad burning sensation under my toes. Sometimes they felt like someone just dropped a bowling ball on them. Sometimes it was both.

I now take a combination of Neurontin (gabapentin) and Elavil (amitriptilyne). The first one is is an anti-convulsant and the second one is an anti-depressant. Some how the combination works and my feet feel great.

Kyle
          At weddings, my Aunts would poke me in the ribs and cackle "You're next!". They stopped when I started doing the same to them at funerals. Dave Barry

Comment

Thanks

Thank you all for your help. Kyle what MG's of
            your meds are you on ?

Comment

1200mg 3x/Day Gabapentin (Neurontin)
              50mg 1X/Day Amitriptilyne (Elavil)
              At weddings, my Aunts would poke me in the ribs and cackle "You're next!". They stopped when I started doing the same to them at funerals. Dave Barry

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Kyle, I just read in the Newspaper today that B6 & B12 has helped with Neuropathy, going to try more of mine and see. I take 150 mg Lyrica in morning and 100 mg Lyrica in evening, 30 Cymbalta 1 a day. Not much help.

Comment

My feet drive me crazy!! All I can wear are Crock's. I have enough socks to supply an army! I can never find them soft enough or loose enough. Lately even when I am barefooted I have to look down to see if I have socks on and am supprized to find that I don't!

Sometimes my toes sting so bad I can't stand even a sheet on them. I have cut up Lidocan patches on them ! I have stood on the porch in the winter time and poured cold water over my feet to put out the fire!

I take 1,200mg of gabapentin at bed time plus 800mg during the day. Anymore and I can't stay awake at all!! I am thinking of asking about Lyrica. I already take 6 Norco's a day. I HATE MS!!
                  Sissy

Comment

I also have alot of tingling and burning in my feet, Now I have this problem of wanting to blame everything on my MS. But two months ago I was dx with type 2 Diabetes so who is to really know which one is causing all of my feet and nerve problems.

Might want to get your sugar levels checked out.
                    DX 10/06
                    Copaxone 10/06 -11/06 killed my skin
                    Avonex 12/06 - 3/07 hardened one of the valves of my heart

Comment

I have a lot of burning pain and numbness in both feet. That numbness was what originally sent me to a Neurlogist seeking a cause, leading to the diagnosis of MS.

I take Keppra 3x/day for the burning. It's not a tremendous help....but better than nothing. I was on Neurotin for a while, but it caused weight gain and didn't help much either, even with increasingly higher doses.

I've been having acupuncture since last July, and it has provided the most relief I have experienced. I know that not everyone benefits from acupuncture, but after 2 months of weekly treatments, I am now at one time per month and I have had ZERO pain/burning in my feet since the FIRST treatment. Numbness is still there.....but no pain. If you insurance covers acupuncture, it's worth a try!

Comment

Hi there, I am new to boards, but wanted to share that i do experience feeling in my feet, more so right foot, but not exactly what u are describing, mine is one of extreme numbness, pain, burning, and tingling.
                        i am awaiting a dx soon.
                        anyhow good luck hope you find relief soon...
                        God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Yes!

I've recently had worsening problems with my feet - tingling & burning as well as muscle cramps. For me, on the pain scale in the "quite uncomfortable" to "flirting with mild pain" range. Not reaching for any meds, yet.

I take baclofen & magnesium for the cramping, usually that's enough for me.

I plan on talking to my neuro next time I see her.
                          DX 10/2008
                          Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
                          Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
                          Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

Originally posted by Canary54 View Post
                            I've been having acupuncture since last July, and it has provided the most relief I have experienced. I know that not everyone benefits from acupuncture, but after 2 months of weekly treatments, I am now at one time per month and I have had ZERO pain/burning in my feet since the FIRST treatment. Numbness is still there.....but no pain. If you insurance covers acupuncture, it's worth a try!
                            Thank you for this reminder, Canary! I've had wonderful experiences with an acupuncturist before for various other things, so I'm calling for an appt. The neuropathy in my feet has been getting worse to the point where I was thinking of asking for meds - and I really don't like taking any form of medication. And soaking them in epsom salts only helps for a few hours. I'm calling today!! My ins won't cover the cost, but it's worth the try.
                            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Without pain meds my right foot is like I'm walking on a barbecue hot plate. My left foot has pins and needles and decreased sensation on the top of it. These symptoms arrived at the time of my second "episode".

Poppy

Comment

Working...
                              X