Article on ways to manage fatigue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Article on ways to manage fatigue

This article in Brain & Life touches on fatigue in various neurological orders and causes. It also has a helpful section on ways to manage fatigue. I thought the paragraph below says it all - it's a Iine I still struggle to find.

Essential Ways To Manage Fatigue

The key to reclaiming your energy is striking a balance between doing enough to alleviate fatigue and doing so much that you exacerbate it, says Jason J. Sico, MD, FAAN, associate professor of neurology and internal medicine at the Yale School of Medicine in New Haven, CT. Where that line falls varies from one person to the next, so it's important to find where it falls for you. Here are other strategies to ease fatigue.

Link to full article:

https://www.brainandlife.org/article...ditions-heres/
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Thank you for providing the article, Kathy. Brain and Life appears to be a very interesting and informative website.

My main issue is motor fatigue (tired/weak arms, legs, and core) as the day goes on. I seldom get the sleepy tired type of fatigue, thankfully.

I often think how wonderful it would be to have the same physical abilities throughout the afternoon and early evening, that I have in the morning!

Frequent rest periods and cooling help, but still don't get me back to the state of physical ability that I enjoy in the early part of the day.

This info from the article is especially meaningful, from my perspective.

Use your time wisely. Organize your day to take advantage of your most energetic windows and conserve your resources at other times, advises Dr. Giesser. "Sometimes people with MS say they do pretty well in the morning and experience greater fatigue as the day goes on," she says. It makes sense, then, to do the most important things when you have the most energy, says Sarah F. Tyson, PhD, professor of rehabilitation at the University of Manchester in England. "Drop less crucial activities and rest frequently to recharge your batteries."
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thanks KoKo. I usually enjoy their articles. It was previously published as Neurology Now. They write about various neurological diseases and general brain health. Sometimes, articles are MS specific, but even when not, something usually interests me.

I think many of us share your time management strategy. AM or bust!
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
        I think many of us share your time management strategy. AM or bust!
        AM or bust! You're right-on, Kathy!

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hello I was looking into MRIs. Had a brain one yesterday and Neuro got back to me saying it looks good. Had cervical today and just curious, can you have a clear brain MRI and still have legions on cervical and thoracic?

Thanks in advance,
          Mike
          Mike

Comment

Working...
          X