Modafinil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modafinil

I was just prescribed modafinil and took 1 pill this morning and lunch time and feel a little more capable energy wise and not in a lazy exhausted state. My legs seem to be not as weak but then again It could be all in my head, if my girlfriend would give me a placebo pill would I be saying the same things? Maybe? Maybe not.

Im on tecfidera as well and use baclofen but for muscle stiffness are all these drugs ok to use on the same day?

what can I expect from modafinil usually? Im trying to relive some fatigue cause it really causes a quality of life issue from getting stuff done, motivated to do things.

are there any natural remedies for fatigue that anyone has tried with success?

im recovering from my first flare and improving my condition weekly I find and hoping the fatigue comes and goes too.

thx everyone 😊

The only suggestion I have on Modafinil is to take the weekends off from it... gives a bit of a break for your tolerance level. 200mg and a bit of caffeine does break my fatigue.

I'm also on Tecfidera, and no problems there, but I haven't tried mixing in some Baclofen. I wouldn't expect any problems, though.

As for "natural" fatigue remedies... maybe some large Monster cans? At least some B-12 and caffeine. *shrug*

Comment

200mg

Originally posted by headrift View Post
      The only suggestion I have on Modafinil is to take the weekends off from it... gives a bit of a break for your tolerance level. 200mg and a bit of caffeine does break my fatigue.

I'm also on Tecfidera, and no problems there, but I haven't tried mixing in some Baclofen. I wouldn't expect any problems, though.

As for "natural" fatigue remedies... maybe some large Monster cans? At least some B-12 and caffeine. *shrug*
      I see, I take 100 mg in the morning and 100mg at lunch

When do you take your modafinil? 200mg right in the morning with a coffee?

do you take it when you wake us cause I might do that cause falling asleep was a little tricky, does 200mg last the day for you?

thanks, I appreciate the response 🙏

Comment

I go to work at about 10am, take the modafinil around 8am to give it time to kick in. Coffee before that, then follow up with more caffeine if needed.

So yes, with a little management, 200mg will get me through a day.

Comment

I'll try again earlier in the day

I go to work at about 10am, take the modafinil around 8am to give it time to kick in. Coffee before that, then follow up with more caffeine if needed.

So yes, with a little management, 200mg will get me through a day.
          thanks headrift, I'll try to take my doses earlier in the day when I get up. See if it works for me. If you don't mind me asking what's your story like regarding MS? I'm not much younger than you and when did you get diagnosed? What are your main symptoms, besides fatigue?

seeya

-Anthony

Comment

I wasn't dx'd until 2014 after being in limbo for about eight to ten years. Pretty sure I've got a post introducing myself here, but that was about 2 years ago. *shrug*

I've been in the chat mostly, but I manage to stop in every once in a while since getting employed. I'm not likely to be in tonight (going to the bar tonight) but if you stop into the chat around 8pm EST you should run into a few other people. Hope to see us in there sometime.

Comment

Cool

I wasn't dx'd until 2014 after being in limbo for about eight to ten years. Pretty sure I've got a post introducing myself here, but that was about 2 years ago. *shrug*

I've been in the chat mostly, but I manage to stop in every once in a while since getting employed. I'm not likely to be in tonight (going to the bar tonight) but if you stop into the chat around 8pm EST you should run into a few other people. Hope to see us in there sometime.
              I will definitely check it out thx, I'd love to chat with others and get to know other people's stories.

Is it 8 pm EST time every evening? Or once a week?

hope to see you there one time 😊

Comment

The 8pm meetings are the only "offical" meetings. I'm just chillin' in there right now if you feel like stopping in.

The chat itself has been less populated over the past couple years, but there are a few of us that still wander though.

Comment

Missed you

The 8pm meetings are the only "offical" meetings. I'm just chillin' in there right now if you feel like stopping in.

The chat itself has been less populated over the past couple years, but there are a few of us that still wander though.
                  Guess I just missed you I'll drop in another time 👍

Comment

I was just in there for a few. Stop in whenever and just hang out for a while. Someone will be through sooner or later.

Comment

I take 200 in AM

Originally posted by Ant1981 View Post
                      I was just prescribed modafinil and took 1 pill this morning and lunch time and feel a little more capable energy wise and not in a lazy exhausted state. My legs seem to be not as weak but then again It could be all in my head, if my girlfriend would give me a placebo pill would I be saying the same things? Maybe? Maybe not.

Im on tecfidera as well and use baclofen but for muscle stiffness are all these drugs ok to use on the same day?

what can I expect from modafinil usually? Im trying to relive some fatigue cause it really causes a quality of life issue from getting stuff done, motivated to do things.

are there any natural remedies for fatigue that anyone has tried with success?

im recovering from my first flare and improving my condition weekly I find and hoping the fatigue comes and goes too.

thx everyone 😊
                      Hi, Ant1981,

I have been taking Modafinil for about 4 years, since I was diagnosed. With it, I usually can make it through my workday without much fatigue. I also drink a cup of caffeinated coffee or tea each morning. I also find that if I take scheduled hourly breaks to at least get up and move around (I also try doing several 5 minute yoga routines during the workday), that helps with the fatigue.

I started on Baclofen about 2 years ago for muscle spams, and don't notice any adverse reactions with the Modafinil. I can definitely tell when I don't take either of them, though!

Welcome to the Message Boards!
                      Melissa

Comment

Baclofen

Originally posted by cptmelissa View Post
                        Hi, Ant1981,

I have been taking Modafinil for about 4 years, since I was diagnosed. With it, I usually can make it through my workday without much fatigue. I also drink a cup of caffeinated coffee or tea each morning. I also find that if I take scheduled hourly breaks to at least get up and move around (I also try doing several 5 minute yoga routines during the workday), that helps with the fatigue.

I started on Baclofen about 2 years ago for muscle spams, and don't notice any adverse reactions with the Modafinil. I can definitely tell when I don't take either of them, though!

Welcome to the Message Boards!
                        i find that baclofen does nothing for my stiff muscles so I stopped taking it I only used it for a week and so no results at all but do I need to take it for longer to see some stiff muscle relief? It seems wen I stopped baclofen my fatigue got better or maybe it's it's just in my head?!?

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but thought I'd chime in as I'm on Modafinil and am experiencing something new.

Like many others, I take 100mg in the morning and then another 100mg around 1pm, if my fatigue persists. And, for many years it's been working just fine. I should also say that I don't take it every day---I'm strickly taking it on an as-needed basis.

However, lately it's not doing diddly for me in fending off fatigue. I've tried to take both pills and it doesn't even dent how I've been feeling. Since I haven't been taking it for many days in a row, I don't think I've build up an intolerance to it.

Has anyone else had fatigue that is stronger than the meds to help fend it off?
                          Wendy
                          "There are signs everywhere...."
                          "Life is wasted if it's not lived as an adventure."

Comment

Originally posted by TheBeans View Post
                            Has anyone else had fatigue that is stronger than the meds to help fend it off?
                            Yes, I do. I've been taking modafinil (200mg) regularly out of habit, but slept for 13 hours last night. Might be time to move up to Adderall or something.

Comment

I started Adderal in January, taking it as needed. I take it on days I know I'm going to be busier, like weekly choir practice, book club days, days with a rehearsal, days going shopping or out to lunch. It amounts to three days a week, on average. Every day I will drink lots of coffee in the morning, take baclofen and gabapentin twice a day, and workout for 1 1/2 hours in the pool.

Adderal is definitely helping with fatigue doing the ordinary tasks of living on busy days. Before I started taking it, I would not be able to cook dinner, for example, on a day that included an extra event. A side benefit is more energy during my workouts on the days I take it. Those days are more optimistic too. I am tempted to take it regularly, but 1) I worry about its addictive qualities and 2) I wonder whether it will still work as well should I become accustomed to it.

Good luck to you both.
                              Stay lifted,
                              Mermaid Susan
                              "Life is short, and we have but little time to gladden the hearts of those who travel with us; so let us be swift to love, and make haste to be kind."
-Henri Amiel

Comment

Working...
                              X