tec and extreme hunger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tec and extreme hunger

I have days that I am so hungry and also very fatigued...Doesn't happen everyday. Can't figure out where hunger is coming from....any thoughts? Just had bloodwork done, but all was well. WBC - 3.1. Don't know about lymphocytes..

Did they check your thyroid? You sound like me.

i had horrible, horrible fatigue and weakness so bad that I couldn't get out of a chair. This is the kind of fatigue that leaves you too tire to lay there. Not that you're too tired to get up and move to bed, but too fatigued to lay there. The act of laying perfectly still is exhausting. I was also eating like a horse. Someone finally did a thyroid test. Hyperthyroidism was the culprit.

I always doubted the MS diagnosis. I doubt it more than ever now.

Comment

MS Newbie & Fatigue

The fatigue is the worst for me on a daily basis. I was diagnosed Nov 2013 and before the medicine I just laid in bed on most days in November and part of December. I got so tired of staring at the ceiling everyday and my mind wanted to do things, but my body did not want to follow or my mind did not want to do anything too. It was sad for my husband and my son to see me this way. I just felt like I was dwindling away; too tired to do anything. I quit my job late October due to the extreme fatigue, leg spasticity and foot numbness. I remember when I carved pumpkins in October with my son for Halloween and how exhausted and weak I was just doing that for one hour. It was terrible!

Since the MS medicine, I have more of my life back, but it is not the same it was. I was very active before MS, running 4-5 days a week and now most days it is really hard to walk one mile or even 1/2 mile. Life is very different now. I have modified things, and rest when I need to. I just cannot do everything anymore and it's okay. I am getting used to saying "no" sometimes when I don't feel good and I don't need to commit to everything. I still have the fatigue everyday and have to lie down 1-2 hours but that beats lying down the whole day before diagnosis...I'll take it!

I wake up every morning wondering how my legs will be when I get out of bed because they are usually very stiff. Once I get moving, it gets better but I still have pain. When I sit down in the mornings to have my cup of coffee with my Calico cat, things seem brighter and I feel I can take on the day. I had to share that, but it's true.

I keep moving everyday especially my legs. When I am in pain I try to go for a walk, stretch, or go outside to see something different. It is not perfect, but it helps.

My motto I came up with is "keep trekking along with the stuff you want to do and don't give up." Sometimes I feel very frustrated and upset with this disease and think why me and why this? I really don't know why, or the reason, but it is something I have to deal with just like some people have cancer, or other diseases. I realized from other MS posts, I too see the blessings of taking more time and appreciating life.

Nikki
      Nikki

Comment

Nikki, I love your attitude.

Comment

Working...
        X