Announcement

Collapse

WELCOME TO OUR NEW HOME!

Hello MSWorld Members,

Welcome to our new home! We hope you love it as much as we do!

we promise.

to offer current and relevant information.

to grow a community built on positive and affirming support.

to showcase member creativity.

to provide safe chat rooms.

to provide well moderated forums.

we believe that what we give as a community comes back to us.

welcome to MSWorld on this journey through a different lens. together. we are msworld.
we are. community.

We appreciate your understanding as we finalize our new home. Our arcade is still currently under construction and won’t be available for a while. Thank you for your patience while we prepare a new and improved arcade for you.

enjoy our new home.

support reimagined.
See more
See less

Multiple Sclerosis and mental illmnesses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Sclerosis and mental illmnesses

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Ab...e-at-Increased

I never really thought about this before, but apparently MS and a variety of mental illnesses can exist together. I'm not surprised, as I've had schizophrenia and bipolar disorder longer than I've had my MS diagnosis... depression since I was a kid.

Now what I'm interested in is if anyone has hints or tips about how these all work together. I'm just returning from a 6 month mania episode and am wondering if I can expect a flare now... or if the mania ​could have been a flare.

Forgot a link:

https://www.mdedge.com/neurologyrevi...polar-disorder

Comment

MS & mental Illness

Hi Headrift, I have Ms and BPD and it seems when my BPD gets out of control I slip into a flare almost every time. For me I find that keeping my stress levels down as far as possible makes a big difference for both MS and BPD, easier said than done of course. It takes a lot of practice on my part and even more patients and understanding from others. You have much to deal with also. if I think of any good tips in the future I'll share them for yah.

take care

Comment

Working...
      X